Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2012 Trail Cam Thread...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's whatever makes you happy brother. Before only a slob would make you happy.. Now what makes you happy happens to be smaller.. Nothing wrong with either.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nothing at all wrong with that attitude Jesse. Let hunting become fun again like Mike said, and nothing wrong with a wall full of 130" deer IMO... heck,, a wall full of 125"ers is an accomplishment to me TOO. Goodluck buddy!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So far every season seems to get better and better for me. Even last year was a very fulfilling year and I never tagged a buck. If this makes you happy and you enjoy hunting deer, then good for you.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here is a look at what I found on the latest cam check. Still nothing to write home about, but the more I review this buck, the more I realize I'd be happy with him...

This is his running mate and a buck that will be much better next year with some tine length...

I'm not 100% positive, but I think this is my "Stud 1.5" from last season. I'd love to see him stick around if so...

I kinda of thought this pic was funny, followed by a family dinner!!!

Got another funny video from the water hole as well...

[video=youtube;f_sWRHeVZJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_sWRHeVZJg&feature=plcp[/video]

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Any whitetailed deer taken with a stick and string is a trophy.

glad to hear you are finding the spark again jesse. I know last year was tough on you.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Still loving the videos man!

Right on, trophies are what you make of them. If its special to you, who cares the # it's rack brings. We all want to drill a pig, but who really cares as long as your happy. Enjoy the sport and the time in the trees!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
You'll know what to do when the moment happens... this hunting stuff is supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be about the journey, and enjoying the experience along the way. That said, kill him dead!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Took all summer to find him and it's not a great pic, but it's the best of 8 pics from two different cam sets. The good thing is it tells me what I kind of knew about his travel patterns. I have two stands to hang that should give me my best chance of killing him his fall. I'm a bit disappointed in what he grew in to as a 4.5 though. Looks like he may have some growing left though and I know he still has his rack in March...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344196602.176096.jpg

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Inventory cams over bait/minerals? Or just cam set up on trails?

Both sets of pics were on trails. After a summer where he gave me 6,000+ pictures and an hours worth of video from one location, he has avoided the cams all summer. I have corn and a cam in the same location as last year and he's never been there, which is pretty weird. This pic is from the inside corner of the corn field on the ridge where he seems to roam pretty frequently. The second set was in the creek bottom directly below the other camera. I found a trail this spring while turkey hunting I never knew existed and I feel it is one he uses to get up/down the ridge. Seems to be the case so far...

Gordo

Athens County
I need to get more creative with my cams. I rely to much on the inventory/bait spots. That's why I asked. Pretty interesting stuff. The buck I had my eyes on last year was a regular at the corn pile until midway through October. I figured he was up and out because I stopped getting pictures of him. The land owner runs a cam strictly for security to see who's coming and going, and sure enough when he pulled the card mid way through November the buck I had been watching was on their multiple times throughout the month using a trail at night. The fuggar never left, but was just being camera shy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well at least you found him Jesse! He's still worthy of an arrah IMO. He's 4.5 years old now and still has a great frame and will offer you a great challenge to harvest. Goodluck:smiley_bril: