Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2012 Trail Cam Thread...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
A few shots from the farm. I think the update to the SpyPoints made a big difference in picture clarity 97% of the time. Still get a few "throwbacks" in there, but it seems to be much better...

A big doe who Judy-chopped this scrub buck in the pic before this for being at the feeder!!!

What a coincidence, I'm an 8:30 pooper TOO!!!

Not sure what to make of this buck, but the white circle around his eye reminds me of someone. I need to do some digging...

Glad we still have some does around TOO...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That firmware update really did the trick. Those are some pretty lowlight photos. Looks good man.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice pics, Jesse! I'd bet your trophy rock got eaten. I've put them out a time or two and I've found that they don't last very long at all. I think the squirrels eat them up more than the deer do, actually.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm having a rough go at the camera game this summer and it is a swift kick in the nuts to say the least! I have 6 cams on order that should be here in a week or two, so I hope that will help me line a few more good bucks up before August is over with. I have 5 cameras on our farm right now and one at my parents place. I jerked one of the cams at the farm to hang at my parents in hopes that maybe there will be some better action out there. I have three cams over corn, two over minerals, and one watching an old logging road right now. The latest cam check did not reveal much, but I guess it is always better than coyotes peeing on your minerals right JB?!?

First fawn pic of the year...

I have a ton of pics of this buck interacting with the coons. He runs this feeder and has little regard for any other animal that wants to eat here! He circled this coon twice before taking a swing at him!!!

I really expected this camera to give me something better than this buck. I hung it over a heavily used creek crossing and this was the only deer to cross here in two weeks. Not a bad buck, but nothing I'd shoot...

Thought this was a great pic of one of the healthier looking does on the farm right now...

Decent bases on this buck and his body seems to be pretty solid. I'm not sure what he'll turn in to, but he mildly peaks my interest at this point...

So after going through 800 pictures from 5 different cams and with nothing great to show for it, I was beginning to pout a little. Tracie was sitting next to me and I said: "It's mid-June and I still don't have a picture of a shooter. This is getting old already. Fuck me..." Literally the next picture was this one...

Followed by a few more pictures of Captain Jack...

His body has come a long ways in two years! After zooming in on these pics, I can tell his mass is better, but not what I had hoped for as a 4.5 year old. In a perfect world, I'd love to see him go another year. I was also able to determine that was him in the pictures from May 15th. So for the first time in my life, I have the chance to harvest a buck I have 3 years of history with. This is the first picture of him from 2010 and the first from 2011 to go with the firsts from this year...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice pics, bro. Looks like your spypoints are doing the same thing as mine... Since installing the update, I'm getting a mixture of crystal clear pictures and grainy pictures. Not sure what's up with that.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck with Captain Jack! Hopefully he continues to show up and impress as his rack grows!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
It's always good to have identified a target, even if it is still early. I don't fret until the end of July, but it is fun to watch them develop when you find em early.

Cool fawn pic.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well I'm still getting my ass kicked this summer and it's killing me! I figure it is the price I have to pay for having a near perfect summer last year. There is one buck that has my interest right now and after making a couple of cam moves yesterday, I'm fairly confident I can get better pics of him as he finishes out his rack. I added 3 cams to the mix yesterday at our farm, leaving me with one in the package and two on back order yet. The final IR-7 is going to a new piece of ground this week in hopes of locating a group of does that I can exploit in order to fill my freezer! I will not be harvesting does from our farm, so I need a place to do that and this new piece should work nicely for that. The remaining two cams are the HD-10's from SpyPoint and those will go to work over scrapes in a couple of months. Without further ado, here's the latest from my crap summer...

A nice fat doe that needs to survive another few years!

The first thing I thought of when I saw this pic was "blinded by the light..." :pickle:

I was thrilled to see this pic considering I have not seen many fawns this summer...

Felt bad for this old girl...

This pic struck me as funny. "Bow to me woman!!!" :smiley_angrygirl:

Both of these bucks are young, but I see some great potential in both...

This is the only pic I got of this buck and I like what I see so far...