Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New plot

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I was going to use my friends plotmaster but with the weather calling for rain the next few days I wanted to get my seed in the ground and couldnt wait on him. I went to Home Depot and rented the biggest tiller they had. I had a spot that sits between two doe bedding areas and has a creek 20 yards to the west of it. I wanted to plant a small clover plot as an extra food source for the rut to try and hold bucks. The bucks cruise this creek bottom from late Oct. thru early Dec. but im thinking with a food source maybe they'll stay a few extra days and give me a better chance to kill.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I used the same tiller last year to do a few of my plots and I was happy with how well it worked. I'll be renting one again this year. For $40 from Friday afternoon through Sunday, its hard to beat...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a hawg of a tiller! Probably a better seed bed than you would have gotten with the plotmaster if I had to guess. I bet the tiller vs plotmaster in regards to time would be a wash. Pulling a plotmaster with a quad you would have to go at it in small bites. The tiller allows you to dig deeper and thoroughly work the soil on one pass with a quick second pass further working the ground. I think you will be happy with your results and the fruits of your labor if you can keep the weeds out. Nice work!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Suprising I am very happy with the tiller preformance. It took about an hour and a half to get this one in. The tiller was a beast!! Im 6'2 215lb and when it would bite a rock it would pull me up off my feet and throw me around. I agree Hicks, i think i have a lot better seed bed after using the tiller over the plot master. I got it done sunday morning and seeded by noon... then we had a little rain monday and alot over night thru tuesday morning with a chance for off and on showers this week. Thats the biggest reason I wanted to get this bad boy in bc of the rain headed this way!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
NICE! Looks good, what seed you plant?

BTW NICE RIG!! What tires you got on that truck?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
This is just a clover plot with a mixture of 6 different types. Thanks... the truck has Nitto Trail Grapplers on it with 18" XD Monster rims