Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ATTN: SpyPoint IR-6 Owners.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I will do my IR5 and see how it shapes up. a little brighter videos would be killer.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fuggin awesome-tastic! :smiley_clap: Thanks for the heads-up, Joe. The graininess has been one of my only (albeit minor) complaints about the IR-6. Hopefully after this update that will be a non-issue from here on out.

Hunter II

I don't have any pre-update pictures to compare to but here are some of mine after I applied the update. I noticed the update didn't fix the temperature readings.

Hunter II

It seemes the colder the temps cause it to read colder than it actually is. Lowest temp on 3/27 was 28F

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It seemes the colder the temps cause it to read colder than it actually is. Lowest temp on 3/27 was 28F

I'm assuming you're just comparing the camera temps to the reported temps on weather.com or something... In that case, I would take the reported temps with a grain of salt. The only accurate way to gauge the camera's temp is to get your picture taken while holding a thermometer. lol

---

I just ran the update on my IR-6... Took a few test pics out back and so far the clarity looks really good. Much better than I had noticed in previous pictures.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice! I have one awaiting dispatch, and another one my buddy has that I need to retrieve from him before we dispatch it to the woods again.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anybody having troube with this update? I put the bin files onto the SD card like the directions said, held the menu button down, turned it on, waited for the numbers to appear... nothing. Anyone have any info?

Did you do the instructions for checking the update. Hold down the down button, while holding turn the cam on. There will be a series of numbers. One should say v025.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anybody having troube with this update? I put the bin files onto the SD card like the directions said, held the menu button down, turned it on, waited for the numbers to appear... nothing. Anyone have any info?

I had the same problem, Mike. I don't know what I did to resolve it... but eventually I got it to work. I remember that right before I got the udpdate to work, I check for the firmware version like Joe mentioned. Also, I deleted everything off of the memory card EXCEPT the update files.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe do you remember which update came on them from last summer? Was it 2.2?

Nope, but if you do the check before updating it should say the version.

Also guys. Delete everything off the card before putting the .bin files on the card. Or do a format of the card first.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Going to go out and try the update on my cams in about an hour and see what happens.

NODA NOTHIN lol.

With Camera and SD card:
1.Download the update file from our website:
http://www.spypoint.com/EN/technical-support/update.php CHECK
2.Open the downloaded .zip file by double-clicking on it. CHECK
3.Extract the files ASHERJRL.bin and SPYIR6M.bin from the .zip file. CHECK
4.Copy these files into the SD card. CHECK
5.Make sure the camera is turned OFF. CHECK
6.Insert the SD card into the camera. CHECK
7.Hold down the «MENU» button and turn ON the camera. CHECK
8.The screen will light up Check and display the numbers 0000, 0001, 0002. NOPE
9.When the numbers go back to 0000 and the LCD screen turns off, you may turn off the camera and release the «MENU» button. NOPE
10.The camera firmware will now be up to date. NOPE

To confirm the update was successful :
1.Turn OFF the camera. CHECK
2.Hold down the «DOWN» button. CHECK
3.Turn ON the camera while holding down the «DOWN» button. CHECK
4.Check the numbers on the LCD screen. You should see for example:
2011……xxxx…… xxxx……v022. The xxxx is the production ID, and the last 2 digits in v022 mean the version is 2.2. NOPE. Still reads v021

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Going to go out and try the update on my cams in about an hour and see what happens.

NODA NOTHIN lol.

With Camera and SD card:
1.Download the update file from our website:
http://www.spypoint.com/EN/technical-support/update.php CHECK
2.Open the downloaded .zip file by double-clicking on it. CHECK
3.Extract the files ASHERJRL.bin and SPYIR6M.bin from the .zip file. CHECK
4.Copy these files into the SD card. CHECK
5.Make sure the camera is turned OFF. CHECK
6.Insert the SD card into the camera. CHECK
7.Hold down the «MENU» button and turn ON the camera. CHECK
8.The screen will light up Check and display the numbers 0000, 0001, 0002. NOPE
9.When the numbers go back to 0000 and the LCD screen turns off, you may turn off the camera and release the «MENU» button. NOPE
10.The camera firmware will now be up to date. NOPE

To confirm the update was successful :
1.Turn OFF the camera. CHECK
2.Hold down the «DOWN» button. CHECK
3.Turn ON the camera while holding down the «DOWN» button. CHECK
4.Check the numbers on the LCD screen. You should see for example:
2011……xxxx…… xxxx……v022. The xxxx is the production ID, and the last 2 digits in v022 mean the version is 2.2. NOPE. Still reads v021

Got a chance to mess with the update again today. Finally got it to take this time around. The deal last time was the SD card I used had never been in the cams so was not formatted to the cam..DUH lmao.

This time I used an SD card that had been in the SP cam before and also made sure to take out the DCIM folder. Worked just fine the first go round. Will let everybody know what happens with the pics as soon as I get the cam back out and let it set a couple weeks.