Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Venison schnitzel with baked potato and corn cut off the cob, and Dundee stout.

uploadfromtaptalk1340146594909.jpg

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
How do you do those wings Drake?

Take some lean chicken breasts and chunk them up into 1in x 1in squares.

Take your favorite dry batter (I use Drake's Crispy Frymix), dip the chicken into milk or eggwash, then into the Frymix and into the fryer. I also throw in some bread crumbs and crushed up corn flakes into the dry batter because I like a crispier boneless wing.

My sauce is just 1 part BBQ Sauce 2 parts Hot Sauce. I usually just take some off the shelf sauces and spice them up to my liking. I sauce them in a crockpot and let them sit on low. Seems like the longer they are in crockpot the hotter the sauce gets.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Should have some good pics this weekend. Having a Monster Raxx Pro Staff weekend with some of the guys and it sounds like no one is going to go hungry. I just cooked a big pot of chicken white chilli there will definitely be some dead animals on the grill :)

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
We have a prime rib and pork tenderloin cooking over a wood fire.

Holy cow that looks freakin awesome! I bet that prime rib is going to melt in your mouth.

For us tonight was a grilled chicken breast with dry rub. Home made Spanish rice. Mix up the rice, chicken and corn with cheddar cheese and sour cream on a warm tortilla and you have Spanish chicken burritos.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I dont know how many watch Diners Drive Inns & Dives but I love that show. I took the wife and a buddy of ours to a caribbean restaurant they featured in Minneapolis tonight. It was REALLY good. We had a number of things and shared. We had a couple of appetizers and it is hard to explain what they were plus some great wings. For dinner we had stewed down ox tails, caribbean styled chicken fried rice, stewed beef with something like potatoes, and curried shrimp plus red beans and rice. I thought every thing was excellent.
I also bought some ghost pepper salsa since I like hot stuff and was expecting it to light my ass on fire but it wasnt that hot. Well I didnt think so but I think my pussy neighbor is still crying!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
No pics. But I've been helping one of our smaller facilities during this wheat harvest this week. They were begging me to do Walleye so today I brought in the griddle and did some walleye with Tony Chachere's creole and some griddled taters and zuccinni and onion. Damn, we feasted like kings. These guysboth bentioned how they generally dislike the flavor of venison so Friday Im grilling some venison chunks with peppers, onions and shrooms marinated in zesty italian dressing. Guaranteed to please. I'll try to remember the camera