Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
20150829_195211.jpg

Decided to grill some steaks Saturday. Didn't have the marinade I thought I had, so put some seasoning, BBQ rub and minced garlic on it for a couple hours before the grill. Added some mashed taters and some mac n cheese. It was very juicy and tasty.

Ricer2231

The wife fixed stuffed zucchini last night for supper. Stuffed with ground turkey, cheese, garlic, and Italian bread crumbs. Topped with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella. Paired it with fresh tomatoes out of the garden. Yummy and good for ya!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441034158.473643.jpg

I just used a copy cat recipe for max and ermas tortilla soup and substituted squirrel for chicken.
Squirrel season is open year round here in Washington for legal spieces. There are not that many legal squirrels in areas open to hunting . God forbid if you shoot one of the state endangered western gray squirrels. Did I mention this state is dumb.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I just used a copy cat recipe for max and ermas tortilla soup and substituted squirrel for chicken.
Squirrel season is open year round here in Washington for legal spieces. There are not that many legal squirrels in areas open to hunting . God forbid if you shoot one of the state endangered western gray squirrels. Did I mention this state is dumb.

I'll be out starting school at Oregon State in ten days, didn't know there was someone else on the site in the pacific NW. From what I hear some of the Oregon hunting regs are pretty dumb as well lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Been a while since I contributed to this thread. I typically fast on Monday since Sunday is a cheat day. I try to eat my last meal on Sunday by 7 so that I can go 24 hours on water, coffee and if need be, an apple. I was successful in that today, so here is dinner.

Spinach salad with tomatoes, green onioj, bell pepper, and broccoli; all organic. Free range egg and homemade honey mustard dressing.

In the bowl is what I call "dirty quinoa". It's ground deer, farm fresh sausage, quinoa, long grain and wild brown rice, corn, organic black beans, onions, and a blend of spicy seasonings. This meal comes out like a scrub brush!

Washed it all down with quart #4 of water for the day...