Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Shichkabobs using 2 fresh ribeyes and sweet onions and bell peppers tonight with baked potatoes on the side!

Using A1 Chicago steak marinade TOO...

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Looks good Ric. I think we will be good tamed them down with a little honey and white wine vinegar.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Not much for pics at that moment. Picked up a 10 pound choice packer (brisket) at Walmart today for $2.78 which I thought was a good price. Going to put it on the smoker at midnight probably around 225 degrees. Wrap at 150 and pull when the meat probe goes in easily which is usually around 202 for me and this size packer.

Rub includes olive oil, Montreal steak seasoning, hot shots and paprika for color. Injection is beef broth, Worcester, and base.

Here she is rubbed and injected. More later...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Woke up and wrapped her up in foil before going to work. Foiling speeds up the cooking process. It had cooked all night and only reached 150. For great tenderness I like them just over 202. Should be done by lunch and I will wrap it and let it rest until dinner.

Should be great.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My my my.... what a pretty sight. I have my annual spring fling campout coming up in another week or so where I said I would have brisket. I stopped at Wally World on the way home from work last night & while there, made a pass thru the meat section. The prices I feared were NOT a pretty sight !

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My my my.... what a pretty sight. I have my annual spring fling campout coming up in another week or so where I said I would have brisket. I stopped at Wally World on the way home from work last night & while there, made a pass thru the meat section. The prices I feared were NOT a pretty sight !

I paid $2.78 a pound for the choice packer at Wallyworld. They wanted $5.78 for a flat. I'll take the packer thank you....