Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Although this is a plug for a book, I figured I would post it in here since this is the foodie thread.

If you have not had a chance to check out Tim Ferris's book The 4-Hour Chef, do yourself a favor and either go to Ollies (had them for $5) or get it off Amazon. It is well worth the money. It is more of a textbook than bedside reading, but it is an absolute wealth of knowledge. I've picked a few things from the book that really have made a difference in how I do things and how certain meals taste. His list of must have ingredients and kitchen tools is almost worth the price of the book.

http://fourhourchef.com/

And do yourself a favor, take his advice and order some Maldon Sea Salt off Amazon! Damn is it one fine finishing salt!

Just made a batch of smoked tuna dip. It turned out great and I used it on my tortilla for my base instead of sour cream. Smoked tuna dip, cast iron skillet sautéed shrimp, pork, peppers, onions all wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla........man.

Buckmaster

Portage
Super Bowl homemade wieners.

Attachments

• Wieners.jpg
    Wieners.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 71

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lots of great sounding food everybody!!!

This past Saturday evening after taking our girls to the movies we were thinking on where to go for dinner. Karissa said, let's go home and eat deer steak so that's what we did! The other two stopped at McD's, I believed we had the best meal!

Karissa and I each had two platefuls! I asked if she wanted gravy and it was a no brainer cuz I was making it regardless...lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wife always complained that she had no luck making pork chops.... They were always good but there was always something she didn't like about how they turned out... Well until last night... She split them stuffed them with crabmeat, seared them and baked them.... Home run.... They were freaking awesome... Sorry didn't take any photos lol....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sounds great J!

With the new diet plan in full swing, tonight's meal was one I'll revert to a few times in the next 58 days. Balsamic glazed carrots, cottage cheese (one of my favorite things on earth) and the tenderloins from this year's buck. Pan fried the loins in butter and worchestershire. Makes a delicious little pan gravy...