Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Hmmm i wouldnt know. My mom makes it juicy beef pulled pork and it was tender ....goood as fugg. I want to make some....with mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans....yum

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Liquid is your friend in a crockpot. You can't over do it.

That was my thought process as well.... I'm by no means a seasoned cook but know enough to be dangerous....

Like Ben said earlier about the tomato juice and I Mentioned the apple cider, both have enough acidity in them to help break down the meat you're cooking..... If you think your roast that you're cooking is going to be tough then I would use either of them to help break it down.....

Buckmaster

Portage
I could've been something I did. Or didn't do. Hell who knows. Im not Betty Crocker

Probably your choice of roast pick.

It's almost bullet proof.
Buy chunk of meat, add to empty crockpot with spices/rubs/veggies. Add liquid to half way point, cover with lid, turn on low, then go to work for 8-10 hours. Upon arriving home...it's done! The meat should be falling apart.

Gordo

Athens County
I'm going to step by step a roast here as soon as I wack one and you guys can get me on track. Can't be rocket science.

Cold weather. I'm hungry. Time to harvest a doe . Bacon wrapped deer kabobs are sounding good. Proper roast is sounding good.

Yummy

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I'm going to step by step a roast here as soon as I wack one and you guys can get me on track. Can't be rocket science.

Cold weather. I'm hungry. Time to harvest a doe . Bacon wrapped deer kabobs are sounding good. Proper roast is sounding good.

Yummy

Sounds good, buddy lol. Getting hungry

Gordo

Athens County
Been shooting the recurve too much to change it up. Just gotta get in kill mode and get my ass out there. Really disappointed in my lack of hunting since turkey day.

If I'm still Hungary come the end of January, I got my dads xbow lurking in the corner. Things been winking at me since Halloween!

I gotta get out there and notch #2 with the trad gear.

Screw this. I'm going hunting. Right now.

How long does a root canal typically take? Ha

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Did something I missed today. I used to always have fish fry's at the elevator for my co-workers. So a couple days ago I made a call and today I took some walleye over and did some fried walleye. Our secretery had made some crockpot cheesy taters to go with it. Everything was awesome, just like old times. Even scored some free stocking hats. I felt like a farmer asking for handouts, haha