Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

badger

*Supporting Member*
Can we get a food thread going here and keep it rolling?

Most of you know I'm all about the grub and I enjoy serving up some good vittles. Thing is I run out of ideas too.

Tonight was your basic burgers and hand cut fries. Help me out here fellas with some new ideas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335927698.571238.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335927914.466655.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335927946.120509.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335928077.013568.jpg

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

Awesome.

Speak grill to me. What's that thing with the handle? What would you do if you were a lone guy wanting to flip a few burgers and steak on a grill...and jealous of your professionals that smoke all this stuff. How do you get into it?

How did you cut the fries so prefectly by hand? That looks like a good dinner BTW.

Awesome.

Speak grill to me. What's that thing with the handle? What would you do if you were a lone guy wanting to flip a few burgers and steak on a grill...and jealous of your professionals that smoke all this stuff. How do you get into it?

Its a char coal starter. You can buy them for like 7-10 bucks at lowes. You can use it for starting natural char coal and briquettes.

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Awesome idea Badger, I grill out on Charcoal 3 or 4 times a week, so I will try to get some pictures and short write ups when I do. I'm like you though, I feel like i'm making the same 4 or 5 items every time I grill, looking forward to some more ideas.

Buckmaster

Portage
Ok, I'll play along since Dale and I are neighbors, well almost.

Today's meal is a dry rubbed deer roast wrapped with fresh rosemary and bacon.

Attachments

• Roast 1.jpg
    Roast 1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 551
  • Roast 2.jpg
    Roast 2.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 598
  • Roast 3.jpg
    Roast 3.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 589

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If anyone needs a french fry cutter, check out my wife's Pampered Chef page. They have an awesome one and I make her use it at least twice a week. That might explain my spare tire and high cholesterol.
In fact, if you guys need any grilling materials at all, there is some good stuff here. I may be wrong, but if you go through her it may be able to be shipped right to your door. I'd have to check on that one.
Here's her link:
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/kendracottis

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I don't have any pictures, but feel like I've got a pretty good marinade for my deer and beef steaks I would like to share. I use Worcheshire, Balsalmic Vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, and liquid smoke. Mix it up to your likings, but I usually use the same amount of Worcheshire and Balsalmic Vinegar, a small amount of Soy sauce, and a couple squirts of liquid smoke. Mix up enough to barely cover the steaks and add whatever seasonings you wish. I ususally do red pepper and garlic. The last steaks I did I let marinade for 5 days, and damn were they good!

Buckmaster

Portage
You can also sub out the Balsalmic vinegar for Red Wine Vinegar. I prefer the Red Wine Vinegars myself. Just another twist to the endless marinade mixes.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Good idea with the food thread BTW. I have an idea as well. Maybe this summer sometime we could do a TOO buffet. Possibly at the gettogether. Every body bring something that they have harvested. Deer, turkey, fish,... even something that came out of our gardens. (BTW beentown, I'll be happy to take some of those tomatoes off your hands again this year) Trade recipies, get fat, belch a lot, and wash it all down with some beer.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Ok tonight was boneless pork ribs on the grill with baked potatoes and fried morrels. The ribs was sweet and simple, slow cooked with sweet baby rays. Here are some pics.

In the process.
uploadfromtaptalk1336002048713.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1336002064531.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1336002081422.jpg

Finished product.
uploadfromtaptalk1336002093208.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn, looks like today was the day to be grillin'!

T-bone, Yuengling-basted chicken drumsticks, hotdogs, baked potatoes, and rice...... AKA dinner for two at the Brown crib. lmao

dinner.jpg

Reactions: xbowguy

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Last night was one of my favorite meals of all time: Sloppy joes, baked beans, and mac 'n cheese. Tonight was tacos and rice. Tomorrow is deer/sausage meat sauce to cover over three cheese ravioli. Nothing out of the ordinary there, but some solid staples in our monthly meal plan...