Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For all you Millennium Treestand Owners, New Receiver

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the input. Kinda makes you wonder why they never did it before. The chain receiver in a pocket or backpack was always heavy. Awkward to work with hanging from the tree as well. I like the ratchet strap!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks for the input. Kinda makes you wonder why they never did it before. The chain receiver in a pocket or backpack was always heavy. Awkward to work with hanging from the tree as well. I like the ratchet strap!

Honestly, I wish they would have just went with a cinch strap somehow. IMO, that is more than enough, and it is quick and quiet. I do agree though that it will be nice to lose the weight of the chain, plus the added noise!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Honestly, I wish they would have just went with a cinch strap somehow. IMO, that is more than enough, and it is quick and quiet. I do agree though that it will be nice to lose the weight of the chain, plus the added noise!

Should be a little quieter than the chain, and definitely lighter. I thought about the noise of a ratchet strap as well though. Not exactly quiet, but probably better than the chain.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
About fuggin' time! JB and I just talked about modifying our receivers this weekend. That chain was garbage from the get go...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Do the two bolts that go through the bracket come out? If so maybe you could take a strap like a LW strap and then you would have the millennium bracket with a pull tight strap? Just an idea.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
The bolts do come out of the receiver. I left my chain on a tree over the winter and couldn't get it off without backing the bolts outs.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Do the two bolts that go through the bracket come out? If so maybe you could take a strap like a LW strap and then you would have the millennium bracket with a pull tight strap? Just an idea.

Originally, I had plans to put versa buttons on one of my receivers, but didn't have the clearance to get it done. The only problem I would see with using the cinch strap would be having to feed the strap through the cinch buckle, especially on a cold morning.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Originally, I had plans to put versa buttons on one of my receivers, but didn't have the clearance to get it done. The only problem I would see with using the cinch strap would be having to feed the strap through the cinch buckle, especially on a cold morning.

If you used fastened a button on their and used a LW type strap, you wouldn't have to cinch it, it would already be fed through the strap's buckle, just toss the loop over the versa button and tighten.

After thinking more about it, that's the only way you could use a LW strap with that bracket, because they don't have hooks, just loops, and they aren't made to come apart. You can't take the small part of the strap that is fed through the buckles and remove it, if you get it out, you will never get it back in, trust me. I can't remember how I got one of mine apart, but it is laying in my garage in two pieces, can't get it back in.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Just to clarify, if you get the thick part that I'm pointing to here out of the buckle, it is a PITA to get back in, so you wouldn't want to plan on separating these straps if you went the LW strap route.

LW_Strap.JPG

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
If you used fastened a button on their and used a LW type strap, you wouldn't have to cinch it, it would already be fed through the strap's buckle, just toss the loop over the versa button and tighten.

After thinking more about it, that's the only way you could use a LW strap with that bracket, because they don't have hooks, just loops, and they aren't made to come apart. You can't take the small part of the strap that is fed through the buckles and remove it, if you get it out, you will never get it back in, trust me. I can't remember how I got one of mine apart, but it is laying in my garage in two pieces, can't get it back in.

Actually, what I did with one reciever was cut it down to two links on each side, then added a quick link to each side. That way, you could just unscrew a quick link, and throw the cinch strap in. It worked well, but I just didn't feel comfortable with it for some reason. I think it was because I bought my own quick links and not the ones Millennium used. I was paranoid mine would not be sufficient enough.

Just to clarify, if you get the thick part that I'm pointing to here out of the buckle, it is a PITA to get back in, so you wouldn't want to plan on separating these straps if you went the LW strap route.

View attachment 6734

I agree they are a bitch..I purchased a NIB leftover from 09 LW Pro series combo(full camo Aplha an full camo sticks)..And im still working on a system of strapping everything down,attaching my molle II straps an waist deal...I pulled the thick part out of both cinch buckles on both straps..Holy chit!!..I thought I was never going to get them back together..I had to give up on the first one an gave it another try the next day(success)...Reminds me of the first time I tryed to take down a steel ring (terminology?) pop up blind,that was interesting to say the least

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've had a bracket mod in mind for a few months now. Maybe when it gets closer to hunting season I'll make it happen. My plan is to use a LW cinch strap... connect one end permanently to the millennium bracket, and on the opposite side I'll attach a "T" shaped bar to the chain... Simply loop the end of the strap around the T and cinch it tight. Know what I mean, Vern?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Here is what I was talking about, obviously without all the excess chain. The reason I was thinking quick links was there was no way for the strap to slip off once they are tightened closed. My thoughts were to cover the two links on each side with either shrink tubing, or tool dip-it. The nice thing about having a quick link on each side is if you go up a tree one time and have the stand off your left side, then the right side the next time, you can switch the strap around so the buckle is on the side you are on.

Really, I don't know why I haven't done this yet for the set I pack in, maybe I will do that here soon. :smiley_chinrub:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did you draw that? Is there a good reason why you're not doing product design for the outdoor industry?

Yea, I drawed it. lol I would probably need some kind of bullshit graphic design degree in order to get into that line of work. 'Tis a shame.

Here is what I was talking about, obviously without all the excess chain. The reason I was thinking quick links was there was no way for the strap to slip off once they are tightened closed. My thoughts were to cover the two links on each side with either shrink tubing, or tool dip-it. The nice thing about having a quick link on each side is if you go up a tree one time and have the stand off your left side, then the right side the next time, you can switch the strap around so the buckle is on the side you are on.

Really, I don't know why I haven't done this yet for the set I pack in, maybe I will do that here soon. :smiley_chinrub:

Good idea with the quick links, Greg. They're not as quick as versa buttons, but would still beat the hell out of lugging that entire length of chain around. I really wish there was a way to gain more clearance so that versa buttons could be used... Then it would be strong, quick, light, AND capable of attaching from either side of the tree.