Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First hunt in New county/area

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well, I was fortunate enough to shoot a bird this morning in Richland county. It was close to textbook but like any hunt there are always unforseen hickups. The funniest one this morning was when I launched my endcap, and magazine spring into the cornfield and had to us a tight grip on the forearm to hold the barrel seated and on. On my gun I Hafta pull the endcap off to remove my sling. Well, the retainer that holds the spring in the tube came off and when i unscrewed the cap it launched everything.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Back out tomorrow with a borrowed gun while I wait for a new endcap from Beretta. This one has a sling swivel on it..lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow that's pretty funny. I never understood why Beretta made their magazine caps like that. Pretty sure they're expensive as hell to replace, too.

Congrats on a great bird, buddy!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thanks guys. I am sitting in the car right now waiting on one patch of rain to push thru then I am after number 2. Looks like we are just catching the edge of this band with most swinging south. Hopefully I can shoot number 2 then start taking buddies out.

Last edited: