Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Hunting Report

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Finally got the wife on one this morning. Before last season she decided that she wanted to give turkey hunting a try, she had never hunted anything before. After much practice she got comfortable with a shotgun. And struck out last year, to come back with a vengeance this spring.
The first two days of this season brought two days of birds that did not want to commit and get close enough for a shot. We also had not been able to get out first thing having to get kids on the bus putting us out after 9. Well today I was able to talk mom into getting the kids on the bus and we could get on our way. We got to the field a little late still as the birds were out in one field already. With a quick change in plans and a long way around we were able to get within about 70 yards. Got Gretchen into a tree with me behind and a decoy out, after about 20 min of sweet talking I was able to bring in a very nice bird for her. She pulled the trigger on him just as he was getting ready to pounce the decoy. 10.5 in beard and 1.5 hooks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335369453.699934.jpg I think she's hooked, she made me take it to the taxi...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Awesome, John... Way to get it done!

Nothing for me this morning... No sight our sound of any turkeys at all, but I did see a few bucks running around so that was a plus.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
my brother scored on one today at 930....thanks to his keen eyed little brother... ....nephew smoked one at 830 on sunday... 9 and 1inch on my bro's and 10.5 and 1.25 on nephews...

old hunter

Bow hunted this morning,had three jakes come running in,one had about a 6" beard,was very hard not to pull the Scott realease. He even sounded like a big Gobbler and was standing at 8 yds. Was the only thing I saw this morning.Maybe he will make it until next year and have a huge brush.Taking my grandson out this Saturday again,would let him shoot it. Merle

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am getting the bug again. I may have to buy another tag tonight and go in the morning...or I may just go and listen on another property. It's how you handle the tough choices in life that develops your character. :)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I am getting the bug again. I may have to buy another tag tonight and go in the morning...or I may just go and listen on another property. It's how you handle the tough choices in life that develops your character. :)

Might as well get the tag Brock........ Soon as you hear one in the morning, you'll wish you had it in your pocket!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is a good suggestion, and I have done a good deal of that. The problem is that most folks are only available to hunt on the weekends - those are reserved for my son.