Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Hunting Report

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Good one brock!....Yesterday was a bust, thought this morning was going to be great. Nice clear morning. Heard one off in the distance, he shut up and never seen him after first light...sucks! Off all day friday, so early morning ill be back at it again..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks, guys!
I'm pretty excited to get back out and snoop around. I called the landowner and told them lunch was on me today (they eat at our shop two or three days a week). We sat around chatting about turkey and deer hunting and they suggested I go check out another piece of their ground. I had forgotten all about it as I haven't been out there in several years. They said there seemed to be a bunch of turkeys on it this year as they saw them while mushroom hunting. I swear, hearing turkeys is the best, finding more places to hunt them is a close second.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I worked off nites this morning and figured I would sleep till 9:15 then got up and went. Heard a gobble at 10:15 and by the time I cut the distance and set a decoy up just inside the field it was 11:10, at 11:15 I was headed for the car. It was windy and he was lonely.

old hunter

Copy of IMG_1951 copy.jpg Monday morning was the nastiest morning I have ever hunted turkeys.Wind and cold.We went down to my buddy's land. We heard no gobbles from the roost at all.He had went east and I went west on his property,trying to get out of the wind as much as possible.I would sit, call, and still hunt about 150 yds.between sitting.I finally heard one fairly close called a little and the Beretta put him to rest about 9:00.He is a two year old with an 8" beard,1" spurs,19#. My buddy also shot one about 7;30. A crappy day turned out to be awesome. We went down today,heard all kinds of birds gobbeling on roost,butt niether of us connected. Going to try my place with the bow in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1256 copy.jpg
    IMG_1256 copy.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1258 copy.jpg
    IMG_1258 copy.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1953 copy.jpg
    IMG_1953 copy.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 129

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great job Aaron! He a beaut! It's really hard to bring one in after it starts getting windy, IMHO. Great job! What's his wt and measurements? Congrats man!

Congrats to you TOO OH! Goodluck tomorrow with your bow! Are you hunting from a blind tomorrow?

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats to Brock!

Ric- Sounded like one heckuva rush today! So close, yet not quite there. Dangit! Good luck bud!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The current goings-on here at the shop have me in a knot....I can't get out! I wish someone would kill something, or at least give up a "close call" story!:)