Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Could usea few prayers

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Thanks everyone for the prayers. The surgery was a success. The doc said it was pretty deep and the worst he's seen in awhile. They had to triple his pain meds but he's calmed down and eating and drinking good. His IV just came out so they have to re stick him on top of everything else. But he's a tough guy and he'll be fine. Again, thanks to all of you and thanks to God

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang. Tough to see the little ones in this condition. I remember watching 6 nurses hold my daughter and start an IV when she was about that age. Four to hold her, one to squeeze the arm and get the vein pumped up and motionless, and one to start the IV. It was crazy and we could only stand there and watch her scream. Terrible feeling.

Hope the little man is well on his way to full recovery Red!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
He's doing good. He came home Saturday afternoon actually. The docs couldn't get over how well behaved he was and how "not sick" he acted after a surgery like that. The good/bad thing about him is he actually is such a good baby since day one that even when he's sick with anything he's always just as happy and active as could be. You'd never know he was ever sick. He hates when we hold him down to change his bandages though. The nurse from CDC called today and let us know it was MSRA. But we have him on the right antibiotics, so all should be well. Thanks again everyone for the prayers

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is how Garrett was as a baby. Actively playing then you realize he is sick when he quit playing and smiling. Took him to the doctor and they were amazed we didn't bring him in earlier. Double ear infections were real nasty and he never acted sick until he was totally knocked down by it. This happened several times when he was a lil' guy. Sort of a blessing and a curse. You look like a bad parent, you feel like a bad parent, but in all reality you just didn't know until the signs were so severe. I know exactly how you feel in that regards. Glad to here the lil' man is doing better!