Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where do the deer go?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know there aren't any antlerless only tags for gun this year. But I haven't heard anything about 2013. The recommendations won't go to the council till February.

Huckleberry Finn

I know there aren't any antlerless only tags for gun this year. But I haven't heard anything about 2013. The recommendations won't go to the council till February.

Dang...that's huge. I'll be looking forward to seeing those regs and the discussions that go along with them this year...maybe these posts should start that thread...

Edit: to clarify, that's the $15 tags, so those will only be good for archery, right?

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Maybe I spoke too soon. I have managed to see deer every day this weekend. Don't get me wrong, not seeing tons of deer, but have found a few at last light. One group of 4 on Friday, another group of 3 tonight, and 2 last night when I drove my Jeep through our woods. I normally am scouting from June/July on through the season. It is not uncommon to see small groups in several fields each night as you drive around. I have put some miles on the last three nights to see what I might see every night in the late summer. They will be around by the season.