Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gun Vault Mini issues

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Anyone else own one? I've only had this mini (standard model, not deluxe) for about a month and lost a lot of respect for the product already. I test the code/unit every couple of days for sanity sake that it's going to open EVERY time so when the time comes there are not worries.

Well, last week it failed. Brand new batteries were installed in the unit on day one, and I reset the touch pad to our personal code. You can hear the motor activate after the code is accepted, but it does not unlatch. Just in the last couple of days it is sounding off beeps like a low battery alarm. Going to put some new ones in and giver her the benefit of doubt before contacting GV, but was curious if any others members have any product input.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Doesn't sound like a vault issue. Sounds like they used a cheap chinese electronic pad on it. Pretty common and pretty frustrating.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Mine has only given me issues when I don't have the handle/lever positioned all the way back when entering the code. Try making sure its all the way back from the locked position before entering your codes.

Of course, that may have nothing TOO do with it.