Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many years have you hunted Turkeys

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Killed my first in 2005 and have killed 14 or 15 since then and been responsible for a few other turkey deaths. Most of my spots are on public land, but I refuse to hunt public land for turkey anymore, so I think my turkey killing is gonna slow way down for awhile.

Last edited:

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Killed my first in 2005 and have killed 14 or 15 since then and been responsible for a few other turkey deaths. Most of my spots are on public land, but I refuse to hunt public land for turkey anymore, so I think my turkey killing is gonna slow way down for awhile.

Why are you giving up Public Land? I have never hunted much Public Land here, but was thinking of tryin a little this year.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Lonewolf,

Publicland allows a hunter to roam for miles upon miles. Get off the tops and get out of the bottoms..work the sides..stay off roads..trails..Call like your a lone hen that lives and has adapted to pucblicland pressure. Call softly..secretly. I only purr put...No yelping..No ridiculous loud calling. Just soft purr puts is all i do and i walk and walk and walk.

The key to publicland hunting is understanding what the 99% will do and you adapting and doing it differently.

If you do what everyone else does then you'll get what everyone else does...and thats usually nothing.

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
Lonewolf,

Publicland allows a hunter to roam for miles upon miles. Get off the tops and get out of the bottoms..work the sides..stay off roads..trails..Call like your a lone hen that lives and has adapted to pucblicland pressure. Call softly..secretly. I only purr put...No yelping..No ridiculous loud calling. Just soft purr puts is all i do and i walk and walk and walk.

The key to publicland hunting is understanding what the 99% will do and you adapting and doing it differently.

If you do what everyone else does then you'll get what everyone else does...and thats usually nothing.

I use a Segway with mud tires on publicland. I only cruise on the roads. And I yelp as loud as I can constantly. I still kill my limit within the first 3 days.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I use a Segway with mud tires on publicland. I only cruise on the roads. And I yelp as loud as I can constantly. I still kill my limit within the first 3 days.

You might as well get an electronic caller to yelp, put, purr, gobble, giggle, fart, flap wings, and sound like a turkey while you are riding your segway Diablo. Might be easier to hang on to the segway this way.:smiley_crocodile:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Boy? That might be a bit much. Just sayin'.

For what it is worth, I did read in the regulations electronic callers are illegal.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
You keep the double standard shit in check..ok?..Im not gonna let some 16 year old punk or for that matter anybody throw a jab at me at not expect one back.

Ill tell ya right now..You come at me expect me to come right back at ya.

Jesse..

Just keep the double standards that go on here in check...That means when some little punk decides to antagonise me with meaningless bullshit..You do your job so this shit doesnt continue.

Now..that i have your attention...Jesse...I was poking fun at diago like he was me. Thats all.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Do I have to explain what "boy" means where I'm from again? That's a far cry from a little ball busting about screwing up hunts. You want to bust his back, have at it. But that calling people "boy" shit ain't gonna fly, regardless of how old the person may be in relation to you. I got no problems with you dishing it back out, simply the use of that word. You and the rest of the world are officially on notice that "boy" is not something we'll call people on this site.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Wow!!! You guys are killing me. I have a guy call me "Son" once and nobody says crap but man o man when he says something he gets called out immediately... I figured a PM might take care of it and I'm sure Paul might go back and edit it. Since that's been done lately...

Diablo54

Outside
jesse

..And its ok for you to refer to me as "Mountme"....You think that's right?? Shall i sort back through posts and find where you said that??

Like I said...Keep the double standards in here in check..You got that??..You hear me???

Good..thanks..Glad we got that settled.

You wanna kick me outta here..go right ahead..im getting tired of this crap. I try to offer you younger guys info. that has taken me years to gain and all i get in return is disrespect.

Mountaineer. I think why you get the disrespect would be because of your arrogance. It gets old...real fast... Your the best of the best. You can kill public land bucks and turkeys. We understand. We don't need lectured on it every time you post. 100's of other people do the same as you every year. Your advice can be great but the BS about you being the best of the best is getting old. I hunt deer with a recurve. That's just as hard if not harder than your public land way. And I don't brag about it every post I make. Heck I barely mention it. I enjoy your info and advice but your no expert on the subject. And neither is anyone else on here IMO. We all need to keep learning.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Funny... I seem to remember almost this exact situation last fall. I also find it funny that we consistently have issues with the same person. The last member issue we had before this week with hunterforlife was you and it was this exact same thing. The very same issues that existed even before this site was created. The very same issues that caused issues elsewhere. Blame and say what you want about standards etc. But this issue follows you wherever you go.. There comes a point where you have to look at yourself.

It's not that you do anything "wrong". And you do give great advice. It's just that you come across as, well, an arrogant fuckstick. There is a difference in helping people, giving people advice, and trying to teach a younger generation. And sounding like an arrogant big headed better than everyone ass.

And that's nobodies problem of fault but your own. And if it continues, you can take your well meaning advice and tell it to the wall..

Now all of you move on.

Last edited: