Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many years have you hunted Turkeys

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
First double. 1994. Thirteen years old. I called them in with an old lynch box call in Ms

Like those brown catharts with a red hat. Lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334181763.184647.jpg

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hunted Turkey for five years until I ran into an asshole on State ground who threatened to shoot me because I was hunting "his" turkey. I left and have never been back out!

You can come over and go with me, Ted. We'll shoot back! :)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Been Turkey hunting for 5 seasons. Killed 3 Gobblers and 2 Jakes. Best bird was 23 1/2# and had a 12" beard. Spurs were only 7/8"

camofry

*Supporting Member*
This will be my 26th Turkey season I beleave with a Grand Slam in 2001 and 2008. Was hoping for a Royal but I dont see my health letting me do that now but it has been fun all the same. I have lost count over the years but the wife keeps count and says counting out of state birds I have 57. I use to be with Turkey hunting like some of you all are with Deer hunting.lol

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
1986 is when I started and since then I've filled a shoe box clear full with beards..not sure how many I can't count that high.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
10 for me havent really been able to get into it the past couple of years because of work. went to tennesse last weekend no luck on my end had a couple shots on jakes passed them up.my buddy and i should of doubled but he got excited and jumped the trigger before my bird was out from behind the tree.

mrex

*Supporting member*
Started in the mid Paleozoic Era. Have hunted eastern's in almost every state and province that has them. This may sound hard to believe but I've killed, (or missed), a turkey every single time I've carried a gun in the turkey woods.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Been turkey hunting since I was 12 and I am now 30. Took me several years to get my first bird. I wish I could say the same as Mike Rex, but I have had plenty of hunts where I didn't take the safety off the shotgun. Still do to this day..........if I shot at or harvested one everytime I went out it wouldn't be much fun after a while.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Three years, I have taken not a single bird. for that last two years i have wanted to put my wife on one got them called in for her and she can't get it done. This year not playing nice going to push her out of the way.

mrex

*Supporting member*
Been turkey hunting since I was 12 and I am now 30. Took me several years to get my first bird. I wish I could say the same as Mike Rex, but I have had plenty of hunts where I didn't take the safety off the shotgun. Still do to this day..........if I shot at or harvested one everytime I went out it wouldn't be much fun after a while.

All my life Darron...men have wanted to be like me and women have wanted to be with me...:smiley_crocodile:

mrex

*Supporting member*
Mrex has been involved with the death of more turkeys than thanksgiving ..lol

The secret to my success...don't carry a weapon. I got intrigued with filming hunts early on and later decided a mushroom stick was easier to tote. I've only killed a handful of turkeys in my life. I did kill one during the 2000 spring season because I was mad at him. Three years ago I carried a gun to the woods on the last day but purposely left my shells at home. Two years ago I missed one that my youngest son called up...paybacks are a m'f'r.