Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got $3,500 laying around?!?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
What happened to the Ghost Blind that Larry was using just a few years back?

Pricey? Yes... but you gotta give the people credit who built the thing.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What happened to the Ghost Blind that Larry was using just a few years back?

I'd say a folding mirror built in Marietta, Ohio could not compete with a product that was designed for the cash rich Texas operations. And IMO, the Ghost Blind is more of a gimmick than this blind. I actually think it is pretty badass myself. Way TOO pricey for me, but a great concept.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I'd say a folding mirror built in Marietta, Ohio could not compete with a product that was designed for the cash rich Texas operations. And IMO, the Ghost Blind is more of a gimmick than this blind. I actually think it is pretty badass myself. Way TOO pricey for me, but a great concept.

Ahhh yes... follow the dollar. We'll be seeing that blind on all the outdoor shows filmed on those Texas ranches. Next thing you know they'll even have a built in feeder attached to the roof for that up close & personal experience. rotflmao

*disclaimer* that's not a knock on feeders... just a knock on every Texas ranch hunting show filmed over a feeder. :smiley_bril:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
You could make one similar to that by taking pieces of bark off of trees and screwing it to some plywood. Sure it wouldn't look as neat, but you would save a shitload of money. I wonder how much that huge thing weighs?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Problem is I bet it smells like a giant hunk of fuggin plastic. Fooling 1/3rd of a whitetails senses = Not winning..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hate to sound like Coon, but when I want to hunt from the ground I just sit against a tree. If I were stupid-rich....

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
You could make one similar to that by taking pieces of bark off of trees and screwing it to some plywood. Sure it wouldn't look as neat, but you would save a shitload of money. I wonder how much that huge thing weighs?

I agree, you could use te bark from those trees that have the bark that pretty much just falls off after a while.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Concept is great. Looks amazing. Surely would think it would be comfy. I think much like any other old tractor, car, blind, or discarded washing machine, the deer would be comfortable walking by it in a short period of time. I don't think the smell would bother them after a couple weeks. Now, I am not so sure the price point is for the majority, but it has it's niche market.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Concept is great. Looks amazing. Surely would think it would be comfy. I think much like any other old tractor, car, blind, or discarded washing machine, the deer would be comfortable walking by it in a short period of time. I don't think the smell would bother them after a couple weeks. Now, I am not so sure the price point is for the majority, but it has it's niche market.

You have touched on the point that most interests me. Why does it need to blend in at all? It isn't like you are going to tote a 300 lb blind on your back to make quick set ups. You are gonna have to set that thing up long before you plan to hunt, and if you are doing that, you could just as easily hunt from an old car, or a portapot. There is no point in having the thing look like a tree other than it looks good to a hunter.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Excellent point Brock. Which brings us to the point of why this has a niche market. The only reason (besides those so filthy rich and uneducated that "want one") I can foresee is for those hunting in an area with trespassers. there is the possibility that some may want something like this to blend in not so much to hide from the deer but to keep other hunters from finding it or hunting from their stand or blinds.