Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Updated hunting rig!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Yea this is my daily driver so i didnt want to get to crazy with the lift and tires... just added 4" suspension and 33" Nitto grappler and XD Monster rims to offset it. It doesnt even look like the same truck honestly

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That truck sits perfect! Looks awsome man

Moundhill- remember asking about suggestions for your future? Remember I suggested looking into fire services? Yeah. Were I to have found the fire department at your age instead of when I was too old to make it happen. . . Not saying you will be filthy rich, but I have yet to meet a fire fighter/Paramedic that didn't have nice toys and oh say 20 days a month to wax/polish them. lmao

Rutin- Truck looks great!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
You can add mt's or at's and still keep the stock suspinsion. That and get offset wheels to make your tires stick out a lil. But typically putting on a lift will need to include getting new tires and or wheels unless its a leveling kit.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The other problem with lift kits comes in the price. Not like it used to be for the older Chevys. Once they left the solid axles and went to IFS, things got pricey! Only truck I have a lift kit on is my trusty ol' 78 Chevy. First truck I bought for the business. Sad thing is, with a 3" lift kit and 31" tires, the thing still doesn't sit as tall as the new trucks do from the factory.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hicks..... lol yea the going to work 6-8 days a month isnt so bad, gives me time to hunt!!!

Cotty- Gas mileage lowered about 2-3 mpg but im getting ready to put a cold air intake on it to make up some difference. I just put a level kit on my old truck with the new Goodyear Duratrac tires and it made a huge difference in look without effecting the gas. Levels are EASY to do and CHEAP!!!