Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey ready?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I do, actually am on my second one, I wore the first one out a couple of years ago. They work very well. Make sure you have a headnet and gloves. If you have one of those camo umbrellas, they come in handy during thunderstorms. I just stick it in the end of the gun barrel until the rain stops. And don't forget Deep Woods Off this year, the ticks are going to be bad.

Good call, Ron... That'll probably be the most crucial item in the vest this season.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
That K and H wite loiar friction call is probably one of the best calls you can buy for under $20. I have that and their slate and they are both great calls.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Hicky,,

Turkey hunting is supposed to be hard..you want it hard. The harder you make it for yourself the greater the reward and the more you will appreciate it. When you keep it difficult, you will never loose the fire to hunt em.

When i get out of the truck in ohio next week, ill have no idea where the turkeys will be. It may take all morning until i find one..this is a difficult way to hunt them but its the most rewarding.

If you kill your Dream bird then what will you have to Dream about? :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mountaineer- turkey hunting IS hard in our area. We don't have very many. There are small pockets of turkeys here and there, but they are certainly not plentiful. I have one property where they spend some of their time. Just hoping to catch them on this property while season is in. If they are on the property, then I will get to try to get them to come in. I don't think this is going to be "easy hunting" as I am green as green can be.