Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Three Ohio Army National guard soldiers killed in line of duty

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The "Goof Off Lounge" hardly seems the appropriate title or place to post this. This is no goofing matter. We lost three Ohioans today. I spent 9.5yrs in the 148th Infantry which later became the 37th. I really didn't want to read this article but felt obligated to do so. It doesn't make it any easier on the families of the soldiers we lost, but it was "some" comfort to me that I did not know any of them. The harsh reality here is in the fact we still have troops over there fighting. Seems many people have forgotten to remember the troops in their day to day lives. I have not forgotten. The families of soldiers serving in these wars have not forgotten.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/news/3-soldiers-ohio-army-national-guard-killed/nMKpc/

Huckleberry Finn

I had 2 buddies deploy this week, one in the guard and one who is in the Marines. The later its his 3rd deployment in 4 years...he got a purple heart on the last one thanks to a IED.... you're right Phil, our boys are still over there and we ought to pray and be thankful for them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had 2 buddies deploy this week, one in the guard and one who is in the Marines. The later its his 3rd deployment in 4 years...he got a purple heart on the last one thanks to a IED.... you're right Phil, our boys are still over there and we ought to pray and be thankful for them.

Amen brother. Amen.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
May God Bless All of our Soldiers and their Families. And TOO any who might read this, Thank You for doing what you did/do for us at home.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I heard this on the radio on the way home from work. They said there where like 9 more seriously injured too. It a shame. Prayers to all the families involved.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Prayers will go out for their families in this time of great hardship and we always need to remember that whether we agree with what the reasons are for these brave soldiers to be there is that these soldiers volunteered to protect us and our ways of life and in doing so payed the ultimate sacrifice, these individuals should be our heroes or " superstars " , not the so called movie stars and athletes. During my 8 year duty in the Army I was deployed twice into hostile situations and sadly we lost one of our brothers in my Battalion during our second deployment. This individual will always be placed on the highest pedestal by me , just as these brave soldiers will be !

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Prayers will go out for their families in this time of great hardship and we always need to remember that whether we agree with what the reasons are for these brave soldiers to be there is that these soldiers volunteered to protect us and our ways of life and in doing so payed the ultimate sacrifice, these individuals should be our heroes or " superstars " , not the so called movie stars and athletes. During my 8 year duty in the Army I was deployed twice into hostile situations and sadly we lost one of our brothers in my Battalion during our second deployment. This individual will always be placed on the highest pedestal by me , just as these brave soldiers will be !

Here here! I've lost 7 buddies in these two wars. Guys and a woman I served with and knew well. Just two months ago I learned of another. Good men and women who deserve our everlasting respect and admiration.. My old tags are on my rear view mirror and will until they all come home.