Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Footage from my fall

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
This came to my mind the other day.

We have a lot of new members that ought to watch this.

With pre-season stands being hung and the day-to-day getting into our stands upcoming, this is a chilling safety reminder.

That's why I brought it back last week and made it a stickey so the newer guys could see it and be easier to find it.

teej89

NE PA
Good idea to sticky this!

I didn't read the thread and just watched the video so I had no idea what his injuries would be like. And I was at work while watching this and when I saw him walk away I'm almost started clapping. Glad to see you made a full recovery!

RDM

western OH
def worth the watch. its that time of a year again were hanging stands and things, looking forward to season. makes u think how fast that could change

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Just watched it and am very glad that you are OK!!!! I hunt from the ground but my buddys are stand hunters. You can bet they will be getting a safety lesson when i talk to them!!!!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Not sure what had happened? But after reading this I'm glad you're okay. I'm hearing impaired I watch closed caption on tv and sometime YouTube has closed caption but not always. I always say my prayers when getting up on the tree for my brother in law and for all the bow hunters out there to be safe and have a good hunt.

Stonewall

Wow....Thanks for sharing your experience....curiosity, what brand of safety harness was that? Was it a free one like they give away when you buy a stand or was it something you bought. I have been using a heavy duty arborist belt when I hang stands for those that never thought of it.

Anyway thanks for sharing

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wow....Thanks for sharing your experience....curiosity, what brand of safety harness was that? Was it a free one like they give away when you buy a stand or was it something you bought. I have been using a heavy duty arborist belt when I hang stands for those that never thought of it.

Anyway thanks for sharing

If I remember correctly it was a harness that came with the stand. The metal clip on the linemans belt broke. If you listen right before the fall you can actually hear it ping when it snaps.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
that video is intense. thanks for the info. My dad wears one of those cheap harness's and I worry his 65 year old body won't fare quite as well.

I'd get him a new one, they are safer, easier to put on, and more comfortable. I have a big dog ironman, only paid $40 for it on sale.