Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Please search through your "junk" boxes

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Guys, I'm looking for a no-longer used sight or sight mounting bracket... preferably, a bracket with at least the windage bar included. Does anyone have an old one laying around that's just collecting dust? I'm working on a DIY centershot tool and a spare sight bracket would help immensely... The only problem is I threw my only one out when we moved because I figured I'd never use it again.... Way to go, Jim.

I should clarify... By "sight bracket" I mean the flat bracket that attaches the sight to the bow's riser, not the sight housing itself.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Let me check in the morning. I know I have a dovetail bar and bracket off an Apex Sight, but I can't remember if they sent me the windage adjustment also.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I appreciate it, fellas. I'm only looking for something you wouldn't miss if it were gone. If you think you'll need it some time in the future then please keep it.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Jim I believe I have what you are looking for. Let ne get a pic of it up later on today and if it will work for you it is yours buddy.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Jim, I have two old sights. You let me know if you need to see them from a different angle.

uploadfromtaptalk1333245469650.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1333245481611.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1333245492811.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You da man, Steve. I think that black Cobra would work out perfectly. I'll send you a text or a PM sometime tomorrow.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Greg but that looks too nice to be used for what I'm planning. lol Hang on to that puppy.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks Greg but that looks too nice to be used for what I'm planning. lol Hang on to that puppy.

Dude, I honestly have zero use for it. I put that sight on Kate's bow and she said it was too heavy. I called Apex and they sent me a fixed bracket for free. If you want it, you are more than welcome to it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I looked Jim, but I don't have much that will work. Thought I did and may have, but my garage looks like a bomb went off in it, so who knows?!?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Here is are the elevation and windage pieces to a Sword-Accu Sight 3rd Plane (older generation elevation bracket). Its yours if you want it. Its for a right hand sight BTW.

Hey thanks for the offer! Actually, I ended up using some parts and pieces that my neighbor had lying around. (Sorry Hoyt... I didn't end up using that Cobra after all)

The centershot tool I made works rather well, although I doubt it's 100% perfectly accurate... But it works good enough for a quick rest setup prior to walkback tuning. Maybe tomorrow I'll post some pics of it or something. It's not the original idea that I had rolling around in my head, though. I'm still trying to make that idea work, as I think it'd be more accurate, but I haven't been able to track down the right piece I'm looking for.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No worries JB. It was a great excuse to get together and have breakfast. Does your wife by chance like to quilt?

Hmm.... I don't know. She's not really a quilter right now, but that's not to say she wouldn't like it. She likes crafts and things, but can never bring herself to spending money on supplies or fabric.