Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which ATV?

Kaiser878

ohio
Its next to impossible to beat a honda four stroke ATV. They have made the best low reving 4 stroke motors since the late 70s early 80s. As jesse said, they are next to bullet proof. I have seen them ran with next to no oild in them....they are virtually indestructable. Unfortunately the companies now a days are putting so much electrical shit on them that it makes them far less reliable....the push button shift on the fly.....JUNK.....

Face it, you start putting electrical components that affect the motor on a vehicle thats sole purpose is to get wet and muddy....your heading for disaster....If it were me, I would look for an older honda...Reliable, cheap to fix and easy to come by parts.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Its next to impossible to beat a honda four stroke ATV. They have made the best low reving 4 stroke motors since the late 70s early 80s. As jesse said, they are next to bullet proof. I have seen them ran with next to no oild in them....they are virtually indestructable. Unfortunately the companies now a days are putting so much electrical shit on them that it makes them far less reliable....the push button shift on the fly.....JUNK.....

Face it, you start putting electrical components that affect the motor on a vehicle thats sole purpose is to get wet and muddy....your heading for disaster....If it were me, I would look for an older honda...Reliable, cheap to fix and easy to come by parts.

Agreed. I hate the push button shift and you won't see me own one with power steering. I want to control my bike, not have it control things for me...

Lundy

After 5+ years of using a Polaris Ranger UTV It would be very difficult to go back to an ATV.

The only thing I will change when I upgrade is the new one will have power steering.

The only problem I have had in the last five years is when I submerged it in my pond, they do not float, but that is another story.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Do those have power steering and fuel injection? I think a lot of guys on here choose what they are loyal to.. You can't beat efi on a quad. No more problems starting it in 5 degree weather.. I know suzukis and yamahas have them now...

I have FI on mine and holy smokes what a nice thing to have!!! When I start the 2001 next to my 2007, I shake my head every time!!! I have mastered the art of starting a sluggish Honda after years of having to pull the plug, blow it out, fire the plug with a lighter, put it back in, choke it and fire it up. The 2001 sits weeks at a time between starts and that is the routine every time to get it started. With mine, it can sit for months and it'll fire up the first time every time. Love it!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
She ain't looked this good in a LONG time!!!

Or this good!!! Greg shined it up for the wedding and it looked awesome!!!

Even though mine is a 420, the fuel mapper and aftermarket exhaust make it a work horse...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mine is not as clean and my passenger is not anywhere near as pretty as Jesse's is.

Yours is much easier to keep happy and cheaper over the long haul though Lundy. I don't care how easy going Tracie is. ANY spouse costs more than a one time taxidermy mount. hahahahaha