Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How much huntig gear do you lose every year?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I missplace crap all the time. Ended up buying another turkey choke tube because I couldn't find it.. Ended up finding it in my waterfowl gear in the fall.. :mad:

Lol... That be the long range waterfowl choke... A skybuster's secret weapon. lmao

epe

Lancaster
Lol... That be the long range waterfowl choke... A skybuster's secret weapon. lmao

I knew it was gonna sound that way ;) The fall before I got the gun out with my waterfowl bag, saw it had the turkey tube in, swapped it out then...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I knew it was gonna sound that way ;) The fall before I got the gun out with my waterfowl bag, saw it had the turkey tube in, swapped it out then...

Ha! I know man... just busting your chops. lmao It's too bad you had to buy another turkey choke, though... dang things aren't cheap!

I decided to organize my hunting equipment a few years back. I went and bought the stackable plastic drawers at walmart and labeled them. I have separate backpacks for each type of hunting (deer backpack, turkey, coyote) At the end of each season I empty the backpack into their respected drawers. I have drawers for hats, gloves, choke tubes, calls, gun cleaning supplies, etc. It makes life a whole lot easier at the beginning of each season. I have found in the last couple years I spend less on stuff that I feel I lost or need.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I usually lose my grunt call after cutting off the lanyard to attach tags and such... you would think my dumbass would pack some string or zip ties after replacing two lost grunt tubes! :smiley_coolpeace:

Schu72

Streetsboro
Breech plug showed up yesterday. Of course, I already bought a new one...dang. Anyone need a Knight wolverine breech plug? :tantrum:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
For two months, I was looking for one of my blind chairs, my pruning sheers, and the my Hoeyman Saw. Ended up finding the saw and sheers when I was haning a stand a few weeks ago. They had fallen out of my pack in the spring when I was taking stands down. Sheers are rusted and need sharpened, but the Hoeyman is still in good shape. Also found my blind chair yesterday in the coat closet. Not sure why or how it got there, but glad I found it.