Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Glad you're OK doug.

I agree about harsher penalties for uninsured motorists. I can hardly afford ours, but I pay it. My son just got a letter that his insurance is going up to $300 a month due to a speeding ticket. Stupid.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Glad you're OK doug.

I agree about harsher penalties for uninsured motorists. I can hardly afford ours, but I pay it. My son just got a letter that his insurance is going up to $300 a month due to a speeding ticket. Stupid.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Wife left the house this morning at 4:45 to go work out. 5 Minutes later my phone is ringing. She got less than a mile down the road and a young buck jumped out of the corn field. Not the way I planned on starting the morning. Luckily her and the neighbor with her were not hurt but the Yukon didn't fair as well. Front in doesn't look TOO bad but Coolant was pouring out. It was dark but looks like All the lights, grill, all supports, radiator, all are going to have to be replaced.
Just what we needed.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
DeervsYukon.jpeg
TOO bad the little guy didn't make it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Crappy start to the day for sure. Hopefully you have a low deductible. Should fall under the comprehensive part of the insurance since it was not her fault. We have smacked two with our parking lot sweeper trucks at night. It was a 2005 GMC with sweeper mounted on the chassis. Both times $2500-4000. Hard to believe a deer can do that much damage to these newer vehicles. Difference between the $2500 and the $4000 claim? Air bags did not deploy on the $2500 claim.

Good to hear your wife and passenger were safe.

PSE13

Shelby
Was shooting my bow yesterday and was making some final adjustments too my sight and when I snugged the screw for the 50 yard pin the part of the pin where the screw screws into broke completely off. Thankfully Trophy Ridge has great customer service and they are sending me one. Only took 5 minuets of the phone.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Guess this could go into either this thread or What's good TO, just depends on how you look at it. I have been working 7 days a week for the last month and a half due to an increase in our orders, well was told yesterday at work by the boss man that we already have a 24 % increase in engine orders and we will see a steady climb in that number for the next 18 months. So we was told not to expect any days off unless you schedule vacation for at least the next year! And now if you schedule Friday off you also have to schedule Saturday if you want it off, we used to be able to schedule Friday and it guaranteed you the weekend off. Don't get me wrong , I'm glad we have the work and it makes for a nice paycheck but it doesn't look good for much tree stand time this year

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Guess this could go into either this thread or What's good TO, just depends on how you look at it. I have been working 7 days a week for the last month and a half due to an increase in our orders, well was told yesterday at work by the boss man that we already have a 24 % increase in engine orders and we will see a steady climb in that number for the next 18 months. So we was told not to expect any days off unless you schedule vacation for at least the next year! And now if you schedule Friday off you also have to schedule Saturday if you want it off, we used to be able to schedule Friday and it guaranteed you the weekend off. Don't get me wrong , I'm glad we have the work and it makes for a nice paycheck but it doesn't look good for much tree stand time this year

Sorry to hear about that lack of treestand time.. But like you said the pay checks are nice. The hard work will pay off one day.

I hear you brother, I'm going through the same thing with this 2015 Mustang project at work. The days just seem to run together! I'm about to start burning vacation days real soon!!

Strother23

Columbus, OH
We'll the wife forgot to mention to me that she dropped a metal corn Cobb holder down in the our garbage disposal last night and I turned it on today not knowing. It got stuck, popped real loud the a little smoke came out of the sink before I could turn it off. So it looks like il be replacing the disposal today sometime. What fun it is to work under the kitchen sink :tantrum:

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We'll the wife forgot to mention to me that she dropped a metal corn Cobb holder down in the our garbage disposal last night and I turned it on today not knowing. It got stuck, popped real loud the a little smoke came out of the sink before I could turn it off. So it looks like il be replacing the disposal today sometime. What fun it is to work under the kitchen sink :tantrum:

Let us know if you find Diane's snake while you are under there working. Places like that are generally fun places to bang your head on something, eat cobwebs, find mice turds, and get your hands in some nasty goop. Have fun!