Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well crap. I just recently learned I'm about to loose my hunting property. The guy that timbered my BIL's property a few years ago & who was going to build a house somewhere else, after changing his mind about buying his place to begin with .... decided to buy the place after all. I thought I'd have a few years run on the place if nothing else, but no. FUGG. They're working on an agreement with the contract, so it's only a matter of a short time. Right before turkey season ... a kick in the junk.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah, it was about a year ago I acquired the permission. So much promise is there. There's some other land there too that I obtained as well, but without this, then the other won't be worth the effort. So, whenever they both agree on the contract that's written up, the fat lady will have sung her last tune then. Most of us have been in this position anyhow.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Damn that sucks. Why won't the other property be worth the effort?

Came to my mind as well. Would think any property with a descent trail going through it would have potential (even if just during rut, early season or late).
Hate hearing you lost the main property Kevin. Hoping you can make something out of what is still left. Good Luck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Two different backhoes had front tires blow out. Two tires and one rim today. There goes $800 minimum. A third backhoe got some weird bind in the linkage for the bucket and got parked. One guys had to work his 9-5 when he normally can skip out. Another had to go home to watch his kid? He's been doing this 30yrs. I'd think he would have that crap figured out by now. Another guy called in "I didn't know it was going to snow and I been drinking." What in the crap is that? One of my salt containers has 20-25ton of salt in it and it was a rock solid chunk of salt.

Dump worthy? Not really. All customers were taken care of. We opened everyone up on time. Other container of salt has 50-60ton still. At least two of the backhoes will be back in service today. Just another day at work I suppose. Albeit, a frustrating one. My TOO Good portion? I was starting to get real flustered. Stopped and said a prayer. All stress was lifted. I put my nose to the grindstone. I am here to laugh it off.