Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn, not even Christmas and Beener already throwing around the "T" word. Ugghhh. Gotta send out my last prepayment of the year too.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Taxes are going to be about $4k more than expected. My wife found extra income she didn't inform me of before.

Signed up for Obamacare....more than the house and it sucks for coverage.

Washer AND dryer went out. Got a decade out of them but still the timing sucks.

Hub or something went out on the truck.

Doing a job that is taking longer than expected and had to hire more help to finish and I will still be lucky to be done by Christmas.

Haven't hunted one day this season.

There is more but I am feeling like I'm whining.

Bah fuggin humbug!

What better time to go kill something?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Taxes are going to be about $4k more than expected. My wife found extra income she didn't inform me of before.

Signed up for Obamacare....more than the house and it sucks for coverage.

Washer AND dryer went out. Got a decade out of them but still the timing sucks.

Hub or something went out on the truck.

Doing a job that is taking longer than expected and had to hire more help to finish and I will still be lucky to be done by Christmas.

Haven't hunted one day this season.

There is more but I am feeling like I'm whining.

Bah fuggin humbug!

You ain’t whining buddy!!! When it pours like that on ya you have a right to vent! Dang buddy, hope the stress and frustration eases up on you and your family soon my friend. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Woke up at 1:48AM to the sound of the power going out. When it stays out longer than a 3 count, we're usually out for a while. I immediately thought "oh fuck" cause of the weather and I still hadn't fixed my generator wiring. I'd started to, then got sidetracked and forgot to finish. Well at 2AM, I'm back at it and thankfully made a gut decision that worked (pics Ben sent me helped, but I still couldn't tell for sure what was what). Generac 5500 that sat for over a year and it fired first pull. Talk about relief!

Sacrificed a cheap extension cord and wired a plug on to my HVAC blower. Bam, we got heat. Went ahead and ran to town to fill up gas cans and the truck just in case. House is toasty and I'll even recoup on sleep. Just happy to have avoided a much worse situation.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse how cold is it at your place? My aunt said it was -10 at the farm this morning. Glad you got the heat going.
It was -8 when I went for gas.

Here's another pisser. I'm taking a shit shortly after we get power back and I hear a loud noise followed by high pressure water spewing all over. Supply line broke at the plastic coupling on the toilet end. The valve was stuck, so it gushed water for 60 seconds before I got it off. Keep in mind I'm on my knees, pants down, shit in the toilet, taking water to the face... [emoji23]

Water soaked through the floor and ceiling tile downstairs. I needed to repair both, so it is what it is on that front. Replaced the line with a new braided stainless line and a much more robust coupling. Also rewired the generator since I straight cobbled it together this AM.

My truck is also leaking coolant like a sieve and the wife's Traverse is having transmission issues. Welcome to 2018 and happy fugging Monday.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn. Sorry Jesse. When it rains it pours I guess... Literally. Sorry but I laughed as I pictured you stumbling around the toilet getting sprayed with water.

Gordo

Athens County
It was -8 when I went for gas.

Here's another pisser. I'm taking a shit shortly after we get power back and I hear a loud noise followed by high pressure water spewing all over. Supply line broke at the plastic coupling on the toilet end. The valve was stuck, so it gushed water for 60 seconds before I got it off. Keep in mind I'm on my knees, pants down, shit in the toilet, taking water to the face... [emoji23]

Water soaked through the floor and ceiling tile downstairs. I needed to repair both, so it is what it is on that front. Replaced the line with a new braided stainless line and a much more robust coupling. Also rewired the generator since I straight cobbled it together this AM.

My truck is also leaking coolant like a sieve and the wife's Traverse is having transmission issues. Welcome to 2018 and happy fugging Monday.

Been there buddy. Those plastic couplings are POS. I came home to a rain storm in my kitchen a couple years back from the upstairs toilet doing that same exact shit. Be glad you saw it happen!

Gordo

Athens County
Well god damn it. Athens Lost another good one.

Cheers to Uncle Fun! [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481].

You don't get that name for being a Douche Bag!

This getting old shit sucks, especially when you have a lot of older buddies.

Brain aneurism out of f'n no where. He was Hospitalized for 12 or so days, but no signs of brain activity. Enough was enough. Argh.