Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wild Thing

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
We see 40-50 in the yard most days throughout the winter. By the time the season rolls around and the winter flocks have dispersed there will only be a handful if any hanging around. The most I have seen at one time in my yard was 77 and that was about 15 years ago. A friend of mine who owns property near Loudonville in Ashland Co has a flock of over 300 birds roosting on a hillside above his barn right now. Winter flocks of over 100 are not uncommon in SE Ohio.
Nothing worse than a cocky turkey ..I just started working in the southern Ashland/Richland county area last summer I travel the countryside for my job. I have never seen more Turkeys anywhere I have lived in Ohio than I see here. I gotta start getting my slips signed for Turk season.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Nothing worse than a cocky turkey ..I just started working in the southern Ashland/Richland county area last summer I travel the countryside for my job. I have never seen more Turkeys anywhere I have lived in Ohio than I see here. I gotta start getting my slips signed for Turk season.

SHhhhhhhhhhhhh:smiley_bignews:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nevermind then....I was mistaken...lol. I am gonna feel like a dunce tho if I don't kill my 2 this yr...even with having to gain access and learn completely new property.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nevermind then....I was mistaken...lol. I am gonna feel like a dunce tho if I don't kill my 2 this yr...even with having to gain access and learn completely new property.

Nah, don't sweat it brother... We already think you're a dunce. :)

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Wife caught pics of them. Sorry for the flash...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332108997205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332108997205.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 166