Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My brothers ML big buck.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
He got it back from the taxi

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow, that buck has a big neck! That is a stud of a buck! Congrats to your bro and thanks for sharing.

Did he have any history with this deer?

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
No history, never saw it before, no one we know in the area had. He killed it the last day of ML at bout 8 am as it follow some does. It was really lean and rutted out but the taxi mounted it with a swollen neck like it would of been earlier in the fall. It really is a beast. It has great mass, junk, just under 20" inside now. It has a little of everything . He said after the smoke cleared it was struggling trying to get up. As he was reloading all he could think was "please don't get up, please don't get up!" By the time he finished reloading the deer was done tho.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No history, never saw it before, no one we know in the area had. He killed it the last day of ML at bout 8 am as it follow some does. It was really lean and rutted out but the taxi mounted it with a swollen neck like it would of been earlier in the fall. It really is a beast. It has great mass, junk, just under 20" inside now. It has a little of everything . He said after the smoke cleared it was struggling trying to get up. As he was reloading all he could think was "please don't get up, please don't get up!" By the time he finished reloading the deer was done tho.

That had to be incredibly nerve-racking!

Have you guys put a tape to it since it's been mounted, Jake?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I haven't yet. My bro in law did just after jerod killed it and got 178" gross . Seemed a bit high to me but I haven't gotten a chance to tape it myself

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I haven't yet. My bro in law did just after jerod killed it and got 178" gross . Seemed a bit high to me but I haven't gotten a chance to tape it myself

Just don't let any B&C panel score it! Lol

IMO, I think your b-i-l is close on the gross.

Last edited: