Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camp Rex?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mike has a couple of cabins on his place which is on Scatter Ridge (East side of the park). The campgrounds is in the middle of the park, so not exactly walking distance. There are also a couple of "cabins" (one room w four bunk beds, 40$/night at the campgrounds).

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'd be up for a scouting road trip before too long and things start to green up. Let me know.

Will do. There are so many things I want to do down there since I haven't been in the area for years... Smallmouth in the Hocking, Turkey hunting, scouting, whatever. I may need to plan a weekend or two to get it all in. :)

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mike has a couple of cabins on his place which is on Scatter Ridge (East side of the park). The campgrounds is in the middle of the park, so not exactly walking distance. There are also a couple of "cabins" (one room w four bunk beds, 40$/night at the campgrounds).

I'm just thinking about numbers. Can we all fit at Mikes cabins? Will the boss allow it? If we have to split up, I'll camp cheap at the campground. Then we could all pile in a couple trucks and take the fun to the cabins or visa versa. Thinking logistically...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
At this point we are gonna need Mike to check with the boss and let us know what is available between the campground and his cabins. We'll get a head count and go from there.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Like I said I'm there if I'm not deployed lol.... cabin sounds good if Hicks trailer is full hahaha I snore bit not too bad hahaha

I'll have pick up available from points south of Akron. Free peanuts on board.

Attachments

• paintdone.jpg
    paintdone.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 126

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Would you look at that!

Just look at it!

lmao

I would really like to attend this shindig. I don't know 100% if I can or not at this point, but for now count me in. If Mike says there aren't enough vacancies I'll bow out so there's more room for others.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Would you look at that!

Just look at it!

LMAO

Will there actually been any sleep lol. Last gathering TOO had I think we had about 4hrs. of sleep lol.
Then I went to another deer camp later in the year and I think I slept about 3hrs. lol.

Will submit my vacation request tomorrow so you can count me in.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Even with a 20% attrition rate, it looks like there may be a TOOzer on every white oak flat in Strouds! LOL!!! Better stay at camp and find some LARPers!!! :smiley_crocodile:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
This is when the separation begins..who are the hunters and who are not.

Ill be glad to give advice hunting publicland deer.