Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camp Rex?

mrex

*Supporting member*
Are there many carp in Dow lake? We could do some bowfishing TOO...

Lots of carp in Dow Lake...the bass and crappie fishing is above average for a public lake also. My son caught this 6# bass in a tournament there last summer.

We also have an armada of canoes and john boats that make getting to / hunting the back side of the lake a lot easier!

mrex

*Supporting member*
Mr. Rex,

Do you have hook up for campers?

Charles - the camp ground is primitive although there is a dump station and several potable water drinking fountains with spigots. If somebody rents a cabin, you're more than welcome to park a camper in front and hook up to the electric there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Charles - the camp ground is primitive although there is a dump station and several potable water drinking fountains with spigots. If somebody rents a cabin, you're more than welcome to park a camper in front and hook up to the electric there.

Sweet! This might just seal the deal for me making the trip. I won't need the dump station. Nobody dumps in my camper. lol If they do we just drain it going down the highway. Isn't that how it is supposed to be done? lmao

mrex

*Supporting member*
Might have to borrow the popup camper from dad for this one.. Mike, are you allowed generators?

Yes...technically there's a "quiet time" from midnight to 7:00am but the rangers wont say anything to you if its warm enough that you need to run the AC or so cold that you need to run a heater.

epe

Lancaster
Yes...technically there's a "quiet time" from midnight to 7:00am but the rangers wont say anything to you if its warm enough that you need to run the AC or so cold that you need to run a heater.

I just don't want coty to miss a episdoe of idol, or the voice.. lmao..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is going to be a blast, fellas.

So we are going to set a tenative date of October 20ish?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That date works fine for me. I'm just a hop, skip and jump from here as well, so I can bring an ass load of firewood. Guess I need to get down there and scout ahead of time!!! :smiley_chinrub:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Jesse, let me know if you'd like to get together for a look around. I haven't been out and about down there for years and am looking forward to going for a walk. It's a little over 100 miles for me, so Mason and I will probably make a couple weekend trips down sometime.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse, let me know if you'd like to get together for a look around. I haven't been out and about down there for years and am looking forward to going for a walk. It's a little over 100 miles for me, so Mason and I will probably make a couple weekend trips down sometime.

Let me know when it works for you Brock and I'll swing it on my end. I haven't been out there since we squirrel hunted in college. I have a couple places in the back of my mind that might work for this. I'm game to walk it a few times so we can help the others a little. Looks like I need to get me a climber just in case!

Kaiser878

ohio
Man, with all you guys hunting down there it is bound to raise the athens deer harvest atleast 20 or 30 for the year