Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shed Finds 3/4/2012

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
My Buddy and I went shed hunting today. We found 9 sheds total and 3 scoring over 63''s. One shed had a 28" main beam.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm calling BS on this one. No way you have a buddy lmao

Nice finds fellas. Some good ones in there that should be some target bucks for next year.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Thanks fellows...I got my ass handed to me today..My buddy found all the big ones.

MH..Yep..Its a matching set.

Id say get out and get em ...Most of em are off. However..we still jumped one buck holding on to both sides.

Last edited:

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
My buddy and I walked for 4 hours saturday and in the first 10 minutes I found a good set from a big sad daddy... Nice set...lol.... We should of just quit then cause we didn't find another horn...lol

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
cotty..

I cant stress enough about the slopes and the flats that receive sunlight first and all day sunlight. Stay away from the cold northwest facing slopes.

All big sheds were found in pine thickets with lots of blowdown trees. i think these big bucks love bedding in areas with blow downs. When you get into areas that are thick and have lots of fresh deer sign..slow down and start zig zagging. I use my GPS to keep me in line so i dont walk in areas that i already covered and vice versa..They can easily be missed. The 28" mainbeam shed i walked right by..it was 20 yards to my right and i never saw it..my buddy who was following me found it...That one broke my heart and will hurt for a long time.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice finds. Glad your hard work paid off. Sounds like you have another potential hunting area for next season.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Yeah..we were extremly lucky. Its amazing how easy it is to miss them. You have to keep sifting back and forth when you get to a good spot. Go through your area at different directions and different angles of approach and go extremly slow. They really blend into the leaves if the tines are down.