Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

strut pics

JPN

coshocton
These guys have been in our field the last few days strutting and gobbling like crazy...season cant get here soon enough!!!

heres a few from the trail cam...I switched it to take video so hopefully i'll have some cool videos to share.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like plenty of them to choose from. We don't have many turkeys around here, but the ones we have seem like they are bigger than those. Maybe I am all ate up since I am not really a turkey hunter. Might try it this year, but not really my thing.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Looks like plenty of them to choose from. We don't have many turkeys around here, but the ones we have seem like they are bigger than those. Maybe I am all ate up since I am not really a turkey hunter. Might try it this year, but not really my thing.

You do it and you'll say the heck with them deer... Trust me...lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You do it and you'll say the heck with them deer... Trust me...lol

Same reason i haven't tried water fowl. Everyone tells me the same thing. Try it! You'll love it! Yeah, no thanks. I have enough hobbies. My wife would crap if i came up with anymore excuses to hunt. lol

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Same reason i haven't tried water fowl. Everyone tells me the same thing. Try it! You'll love it! Yeah, no thanks. I have enough hobbies. My wife would crap if i came up with anymore excuses to hunt. lol

Nah. Waterfowl is to easy. Tried that and done with it. How hard is it to shoot a gun in the air at a cloud of birds and kill them? Turkey hunting is a good challenge...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nah. Waterfowl is to easy. Tried that and done with it. How hard is it to shoot a gun in the air at a cloud of birds and kill them? Turkey hunting is a good challenge...

Ha! JD you're out of control, man! Waterfowling in Ohio in definitely NOT that easy.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Luckily ya hunt waterfowl in the fall and winter and turkeys in the spring. . I don't think turkeys are really that hard to kill if ya got a halfway decent spot. Waterfowl hunting is alot harder work and there is alot of day to day scouting. Least turkey don't move round a whole bunch. They're both dun for different reasons and challenges.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ha! JD you're out of control, man! Waterfowling in Ohio in definitely NOT that easy.

No shit! I guess when you have 200" deer crawling out of your ass, you can get the ducks to do the same!!! :smiley_crocodile:

I love the pics JPN! I have a feeling we are in for a shitty turkey season with this weather. We are already behind the 8 ball with our late starting season (an opinion I really am just developing, but have heard for years) so this warm weather should add to that issue. Irregardless, I am pumped for the season to get here!!! Shame it is so far away!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just might have to give it a go. I have hesitated up until now because the turkeys are just starting to grow in population up here. I see a flock of 8-10-12 and I might try to kill one though.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Think of it this way, by shooting a Tom u are only removing one bird and not really affecting the population at all.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is one of my struttin' pictures. Followed by a couple more.

Attachments

• IM000095 long bearded turkey.jpg
    IM000095 long bearded turkey.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 198
  • PICT0021 Oct 26 turkeys.jpg
    PICT0021 Oct 26 turkeys.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 158
  • April 9 2011 Tom strutting0001.jpg
    April 9 2011 Tom strutting0001.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 157
  • PICT0179 7 turkeys.jpg
    PICT0179 7 turkeys.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 174

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those are some awesome pics, Phil. And that last Tom is a fuggin chub!... Get your ass out there this spring!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those are some awesome pics, Phil. And that last Tom is a fuggin chub!... Get your ass out there this spring!

I didn't want to insult the OP. I really don't pay much attention to the turkeys because there aren't that many around here. Just seems like the ones I see are a little bigger.