Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many different types of weapons have you taken an Ohio deer with?

antiqucycle

East Ohio
12 and 20ga.
compound and crossbow
4 different muzzleloaders
and a ball peen hammer to subdue one that was hit by somebody else's auto and left alive at the curb.

missed with the flintlock and never got a good aim with various pistols.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
12 and 20ga.
compound and crossbow
4 different muzzleloaders
and a ball peen hammer to subdue one that was hit by somebody else's auto and left alive at the curb.

missed with the flintlock and never got a good aim with various pistols.

Tire iron out of the trunk one night too put a small doe out of her misery after being run over....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20 ga. Slug
Crossbow (Most of them)
Cap Lock Muzzy
Inline Muzzy
44 Mag
78 El Camino SS
Stick.....(Only had 2 arrows and I missed with the follow-up)
I beat one with my bare hands........Ah heck...that wasn't a deer..........It was more like "Oh dear, that was better'n nothing"....rotflmao

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I keep waiting for someone to comment with "My bare hands." Now that's a real man!
Wait for it. . . wait for it. . . any minute now. . . wait for it. . . it's coming. . . dang. I think we must have scared that guy off. Sorry Duck Commander.

Since everyone is listing their vehicles, can you count a vehicle you own that you were not driving? Our sweeper truck took out two of them. Wish I had pictures. My one driver cut the head off with his pocket knife in front of the Hwy Patrol while waiting on me to come pick him up. lmao

That sweeper was a pretty tough truck. Took out two deer and was rebuilt. Couldn't hold up to the lady that ran the stop sign on a state route and rolled it though.

Attachments

• IMG00174-20111007-1630 hooked to wrecker.jpg
    IMG00174-20111007-1630 hooked to wrecker.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 145

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Killed the vast majority of my deer with a compound. My shotgun laid down a few, along with my dads which killed my big 9. I've been on a muzzleloader kick for a while now. And I killed one with a rifle for crop damage once. The truck has one to its credit also.

I'm due for a recurve kill!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My greatest weapon is my Mind.

C'mon Mountaineer, you were doing so well at playing nice. Then you have to go spew this. I thought your mouth was your greatest weapon. You just bull shit the deer to death. lmao

On a serious note, you have been contributing some good stuff lately without rocking the boat man. Don't go getting all arrogant. You know these guys will call you out on it. We respect your ability to go out and do it the hard way. Don't let your arrogance be the kryptonite that brings you down.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
rotflmaoYou guys are mean

Hicks..

Im not arrogant..im old. One great thing about getting old ya learn a few things..I pay attention to everything you guys write down..I pay attention because im willing to pick up and learn a few things. Im learning stuff from you guys everyday..Some of it i discard as Horseshit and some of it is stored away as good info. Im more of a listener than you think. :)

Last edited: