Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo 2012

mrex

*Supporting member*
Those boys must get their looks from their mom Mike.......:smiley_bril:

Twenty four years ago next month, as I was putting on my tux and about to get married, my dad put his arm around me and said, "son, you know you've out punted your coverage...so try to not fuck this up!"

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Boy oh boy! What a cluster of a weekend...

Was supposed to go Saturday with my son, but he had a fever Friday night so we decided to rest up & get better. Still headed down to meet up with Jesse and drop off some decoys. Got to meet his better half (Tracie) and body guard (Jamie). After Milo & I took inventory of the lot lizards and solved all the problems of the world it was honey do list time. I got started repainting my son's room & cleaned up all the landscaping beds. Later that night he & Mama ended up at Urgent care because of an ear infection. Got some antibiotics & all is well.

Sunday morning he was persistent and ready to go to the show (It's our "guy time" for his birthday). My hunting buddies Frank, Adam, and their Dad were going to be there so that worked out well too. Finished up another coat of paint in the AM, then another coat of poly on the loft I'm building for him, and we were out the door after lunch....

First stop? Where else but booth 215... it was TOO good!

Really glad I could finally shake hands with these guys. Beentown & I have hunted and shot a few times, but I can now cross off Finellyshredded, Xbowguy, Danmann (& his better half), JohnROhio, Diablo, and of course Mr. Moundhill. Wish I could've hung out longer than I did with you guys. Hopefully there's a campfire somewhere in the future with a cold pop or two and we can bs a bit more.

mrex, I was gonna introduce myself on Sunday but I never seemed to catch you at the Copperhead booth when I strolled by.

All in all my son & I had a good time. He settled for a new hat, instead of a turkey call. Not sure how I was able to talk him out of that one, but my ear drums are thankful. We picked up a few DVDs, some outfitter literature for a bear hunt, and got to see friends both old and new. Can't complain too much about that!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It was great meeting you Sean and everyone else. Great pic TOO! It looks like I have a Ernest T. Bass tooth, instead of a gold one I trimmed down the cost and settled for aluminum. Rotflmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
danman thought i was over 50:smiley_blackeye:

You just made my day Eric! He said I looked younger than what he had pictured. lmao

I guess what that really means is I just act like an old man. I am not sure which is worse, looking older or acting older. I guess we are both screwed. hahah

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
hpim1775.jpg hpim1774.jpg

hpim1777.jpg I took a few pic's for the fella's who couldn't make it..... Sorry about the quality, hard to take pic's sometimes when people are knocking you around. Not sure what happened with this post either:smiley_blackeye: At least the deer did show up!rotflmao

Attachments

• hpim1776.jpg
    hpim1776.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 211

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hicks, who makes the headlamp? I need a strong one..

Most likely China.:smiley_crocodile:

All the box says is "High Power Zoom Headlamp". It also states 160lm, 75h burning life, and 170m beam range (in spotlight mode). I think I said AA batteries last time. It runs on three AAA batteries.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where did you buy it from?

Honestly have no idea. Looked at it with my cousin and when I was saying my good bye's to Dan (well, Mrs Dannmann), my cousin went and bought them. The booth was on the corner by the bear pictures trailer/exhibit/booth. I really don't know the guys or even the business name. They had some serious flashlights there though. They were sort of across from the trail camera pictures and Bad Boy Mower/Buggy representative.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Well boys, I have to say having a booth at the Expo was quite a chore but also exciting and a great deal of fun.
But more than anything it was a humbling and eye-opening experience, showing me how many people were genuinely supportive and willing to go out of their way to help and support me.
My wife Julie was next to me every step of the way, offering to help and doing anything I asked her to do. My SIL/BIL went way out of their way to be involved too, as well as my neighbors who helped me prepare. I offered Joe and Jesse the opportunity to hang out at the booth, and they both went further than that and committed "Hey, I'll help man the booth for a day".
Then all the TOO brothers showed up throughout the weekend, which helped create traffic and "buzz". Alex worked tirelessly on the logo and endured a lot of revision requests and was patient with me the whole time. The good lookin' arrows Milo let me borrow to display turned a lot of heads and brought people into the booth for sure.

I gotta say, that even though the sales weren't spectacular (we only sold 17 units total), I felt like we got a lot of traffic and genuine interest. And thanks to the TOO guys who bought items - I really hope you're satisfied with them and enjoy them for a long time.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped in. You guys arer the best.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It was great meeting you Dan! You have a nice family. Sorry I had to leave before you got back with the truck but I had to go get my deer(4th from the last to come down). My fuggin arms were killing me by the time I got to my truck. Must have been close to a half a mile. Lol

Huckleberry Finn

It was great meeting you Dan! You have a nice family. Sorry I had to leave before you got back with the truck but I had to go get my deer(4th from the last to come down). My fuggin arms were killing me by the time I got to my truck. Must have been close to a half a mile. Lol

Geesh must be rough lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It was great to finally meet you Dan! As I mentioned to you earlier, the expo isn't much of a selling place. We were always happy to break even, but it does get you some exposure, and that stuff never comes cheap. Glad you had a good time!

I'm sure we will have a booth there next year, and I am equally sure I will cuss a little every time someone says "I'll be back", instead of just buying the dang smoker!:)