Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo 2012

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I hung out with Jesse and company at the Holiday inn out front...a few lot lizards there too...glad i had Curran backing me up there..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Had a great time yesterday working dans booth with Jesse and Dan. Got out front and tried to move and shake a little. Managed to move a little product. But most importantly the name and product got out there. Got to meet and talk with Brock again and his smack talking son mason lol. Alex stopped by and so did hicks. got to stand and talk to mrex for about 45 min in dans booth after Brock brought him over. It was nice to finally meet him and talk in person. I walked through the expo a couple times just seeing what was there. I think attendance was down considerably and everyone I talked to said sales had followed. But it was a nice day and I bet most were out either shed hunting or fishing.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had a great time yesterday working dans booth with Jesse and Dan. Got out front and tried to move and shake a little. Managed to move a little product. But most importantly the name and product got out there. Got to meet and talk with Brock again and his smack talking son mason lol. Alex stopped by and so did hicks. got to stand and talk to mrex for about 45 min in dans booth after Brock brought him over. It was nice to finally meet him and talk in person. I walked through the expo a couple times just seeing what was there. I think attendance was down considerably and everyone I talked to said sales had followed. But it was a nice day and I bet most were out either shed hunting or fishing.

One of the funniest things I saw all day; "Hi, I'm Mike Rex"... " I know who the F... you are"...hehehe. We should have laid out a plan to screw with you before we made it to the booth. Still, it was funny. :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
One of the funniest things I saw all day; "Hi, I'm Mike Rex"... " I know who the F... you are"...hehehe. We should have laid out a plan to screw with you before we made it to the booth. Still, it was funny. :)

Why is this not a surprise? I bet that was some of the funniest meetings to witness ever.

Seems a lot of guys did mention sales being down. Couldn't believe how many companies are out there producing DVD's and such. I dropped roughly $100 over the course of the day. Headlamp (160lumens with 3hr run time on 3 AA batteries) for $20, Roll of No Trespassing signs for $15, some of the Goodest crow decoys I could have ever bought for $20, a sling for my bow for $22, 3 day old coffee for $2, gristly cheeseburger for $5, $11 admission for a Field and Stream subscription (after $2 coupon), $20 TOO donation, and some of the Native Gear BDU style pants in Vertigo camo for $25. More than I anticipated spending, but all purchases i felt were fair values. I really was not shopping for any big ticket items although I checked out several. I did talk to a couple of the tree stand manufacturers to inquire on new lines to offer our clients.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It was good to meet you guys:

Finellyshredded
Xbowguy
Danmann
JohnROhio
Diablo
Moundy
Curran

Glad I met up with you guys! I would yave been pretty disappointed with what thebshow had to offer. Not much buying, low attendance, and the girls weren't as cute....besides moundy and taylor ;)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I agree.... It was great to meet everyone today. I TOO thought the show was down from the past. Not a lot of buying going on. By 2:00 the vendors were looking bored I thought. I only went to meet everyone and look at the new Scorpyd Crossbow ~~ And I got to do both so mission accomplished. Did get a pretty cool arrow holder off of Dan. Will be pretty nice having arrows organized on the back porch.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Diablo and I made it up around 10. Walked around for a little while and bought the call i wanted (White Liar). Then we made our way over to Dan's booth and I finally got to meet some TOOzers. (Beener, Curran, xbowguy, Danman, Johnrohio and finellyshedded). It was great meetin you guys!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just a thought: When is the last time anyone can remember going to this show and not freezing their tails off waiting to get in? Sure was a change of pace. Wonder if the weather or economy hurt the show more?

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I agree also, i enjoyed meeting every one today. Dan broke some child labor laws i think having my daughter out there working his decoys for some time but, she liked doing it. kept her busy so i could get to know a few of you guys.

mrex

*Supporting member*
As predicted, attendance was way down. I've not missed a day of the Ohio D&T Expo since it's inception 20 years ago and the handful of years we've had really nice weather, attendance has been low. That being said, the show is not as interesting as it once was. In the beginning, ALL of the major manufactures were represented. Today, the big guys choose to spend their marketing dollars on Lee and Tiffany and the Outdoor Channel.

Hey Brock, as you know, I'm a lot better looking in person so there was a chance that Joe wouldn't recognize me...:smile: It was nice meeting Dan and I look forward to field testing his crow decoys when the season comes back in. I enjoyed talking with Jesse, Joe and Phil and also a few of the regulars from the OS.

The highlight of my weekend was getting my picture taken with the Copperhead Clothes Pro Staff...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I also really enjoyed FINALLY meeting some TOOzers! This was my main purpose of going and also of course getting my deer from this past season officially scored. It was nice to finally put some faces and voices together with some of the TOOzers I've come to know via this site. I didn't buy anything because I spent nearly all of the money I brought with me before I got there.lol

It was nice looking at the deer walls with Dan,Charles,Rick and Diane. Between all of us we had some nice discussions while checking out some incredible deer but also some real disappointing taxi work. WOW!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting more of the TOO family in the future. Our hunting legacy looks to be heading in the right direction with young bucks like Jake and Taylor representing. Both were taller than I had envisioned, especially Diablo!(you're 2.5 times taller than a midget and then some)LMAO

I did enter my deer in the contest just because it got me in for less but my main goal was to just have Ron Perrine score him. He grossed 153-6/8(minus 8-7/8 deductions) and netted 144-7/8. He didn't place but didn't care and it wasn't expected.

The carny food was filling but way over priced. lol

I did take 3 pics of deer that really got my attention. If no one posts them up, I will later.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry I didn't make it down fellas. I was really looking forward to seeing some of the TOOzers on the list but my water pump had other plans lol.

I will get a list of the gear that was made up for the event so we can get this stuff sold. I also have some order forms and I will post up the new updated form in the thread we have for that.

Ric, Send me your address
Greg, I will be shipping yours out later today
Alex, I need an address so I can ship yours as well

Thanks fellas, and sorry again for not being able to make it down.