Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo 2012

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It was great to finally meet you Dan! As I mentioned to you earlier, the expo isn't much of a selling place. We were always happy to break even, but it does get you some exposure, and that stuff never comes cheap. Glad you had a good time!

I'm sure we will have a booth there next year, and I am equally sure I will cuss a little every time someone says "I'll be back", instead of just buying the dang smoker!:)

Brock I am sure you know plenty of guys that have used the smoker and killed OBBC bucks. If you think it would help I would bring down both of my mounts for your booth since your product help put them on my wall.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Guys, I appreciate the offers! And, I will take you guys up on them when the time comes! This thing has never been a real money maker, but it has been a lot of fun meeting so many people that have enjoyed success with it. Mason has not been around SS customers much that he remembers. With BEC handling the thing for the last couple of years, I've not been as involved as I should have been. The expo was the first time since Mason was really little that he heard people talking about it much. After hanging out with Mrex's group at the Copperhead booth and listening to the kind words Mike's boys and he had to say about it, Mason was really excited. He is pretty sure if he smokes up and hunts somewhere in Athens County this fall, he too will kill a 200"er!:) After coming home, he told his mom that "everyone" at the expo uses the SS... While we all know that is far from accurate, I felt pretty lucky to have scored some "hero" points with my boy that day. :)

One thing is for sure, whomever works the booth next year should plan to have a good time! I just wouldn't bother with it if it weren't going to be fun!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Busy as heck. Lots of folks eating pies in Greenfield these days. I do see an issue on the horizon though... We have been having a bunch of drug busts lately. We've lost a lot of regular customers to the state pen. :) They busted a meth lab yesterday in a nice residential neighborhood...they were good for two orders a week! Dang!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Its always a busy time of year. Usually, the busiest time is between tax returns, and the first nice weather for grilling out. This year, we have had great weather... Still, busy enough for me 'cause I am mighty lazy. :)