Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My first rabbit hunt in 2 years

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
A good friend I work with called me last nite and ask if I wanted to hunt this morning and of course my answer was "Hell Yes". As soon as the dogs hit the field they had one going out of the first brush pile, I seen it pass at about 70 yrds. It holed up in an old barn after only a couple of minutes.

We got the dogs and started them back over the bank and this is the first deer sign I saw.

Shortly after they chased another one right by me and I got my first bunny of the year..

After 3 hours and 6 runs we finished with 2 rabbits.
These are some pics of the dogs.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good looking dogs, and a heck of a pretty day for rabbit hunting! I bet you all had a blast!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've got a soft spot for speckled pups lol.... got to love a speckled beagle with a bloody tail lol.... mine don't heal up until spring lol.... sounds like a very good day in the field.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Something I have yet to experience. I need to do this sometime. I have only done this while me and buddies took turns jumping on the brush piles. lmao

Huckleberry Finn

Ahh, the cut corn run. We hunt a spot where the rabbits are prone to run up into a cut corn field and circle back down into the woods..always makes for good shooting!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I've got a soft spot for speckled pups lol.... got to love a speckled beagle with a bloody tail lol.... mine don't heal up until spring lol.... sounds like a very good day in the field.....

His tail was like that 5 minutes after he got out of the truck. When their tails are bloody it tells me they aint afraid of the brush. Cottis, the red face beagle was the first one to pick back up the track after they would loose it for short time.