Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Post up your mount collections

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
here is my largest, from 2007

krystals cam 086.JPG

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Here's a couple pictures from deer camp. These were all killed by the guys that own the camp with the exception of the bear. There will be a full body mount of my buddy's bear once it's done. He killed a brute up in Maine last year that's gonna be close to B&C.

The hunt for this guy was won at the Deerassic a few years back from an outfitter in Montana I think. They bow hunted for a few days of the trip, then switched up for rifles the last few days. This guy was taken on the afternoon of the final day of the trip.

Last edited:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
First Tom, spring of 2010.

uploadfromtaptalk1330201191017.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1330201215893.jpg

NY on the right and PA on the left. My first 2 and only to date bucks. They fell 8 days apart in 2009.

uploadfromtaptalk1330201351528.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I liked the double throat patch....summer coat (Hair like a tree rat shows the veins and muscles more) plus he is only 300 for a mount.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry Sean. Forgot about your post. For "deer camp", that is pretty dang nice decor on the walls. The walls themselves are cool. I am a sucker for the rustic look of knotty pine and similar wood interior walls. Haven't seen a deer posted yet that wasn't a trophy to the person that mounted it. That is the great thing. Big or small, it is a trophy in the eyes of the hunter.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Fellows..

Im gracing you with a picture one of my finest acheivements. Northern Missouri Gobbler from The Rebels Cove WMA. 12" beard, 1.5 " spurs, 26lbs. I pulled him off of 2 other hunters that have been working him for over 2 hours. :)

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Thanks fellows..

I used a screw and hung em up. The cats have been freakin out all mornin.

It was a fantastic hunt. I may have heard 15 to 20 birds that morning but as soon as they hit the ground on rebels cove..they shut up. Except for this ole boy. I heard him from daylight up until about 10 am. gobbling every so often. I was pretty far away from him..maybe a half mile..but i kept aware of his position in the back of my mind. I remember saying to myself.."I hear ya ole boy..Ill be there shortly"..Anyway...it was about 9;30am or 10am and i knew i was getting close to his postion..He would gobble..i would move..Id wait for the gobble then move..Did that all morning. Finally..when i thought i was at least 5o to 75 yards from him i called..A purr putt is all i gave him and he was there in 30 secs...It was awesome.

When i carried him out to the road, i ran into 2 guys. They said they were workin him all mornin..opps..i had no idea i told em. They were fine about it and laughed. The key for me was..i came in the back door and called softly. Maybe those guys were calling too agressivly..i dont know..but i think my position is what sealed the deal.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
I just looked out the window,,he's still on the roost.

Cats are stilled scared to death. Wife is raising hell. "What are you doing?..You are weird.. get that thing out of the yard and put it back in the basement."

They just dont get it.