Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Post up your mount collections

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I love the bass mount Jake! I threw back a 7 pounder a few years back. I'm still kicking myself for that...

Thanks Jesse. I honestly regret mounting it now, I catch quite a few bass bigger than that every year..not trying to be arrogent im just saying. Idk if you remember that 10 pounder I caught a few years back..but I still kick myself for not mounting him. But that just means I gotta catch a bigger one now!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
A 10 pounder is unreal man! I'm not a fisherman and I lucked in to mine, but I should have mounted it because I may never catch a bigger fish. It wasn't my pond and my buddy has thrown it back the week before and was kicking himself for it. I tossed it back and it caught it two weeks later. It hangs on his wall now; right where it belongs.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
A 10 pounder is unreal man! I'm not a fisherman and I lucked in to mine, but I should have mounted it because I may never catch a bigger fish. It wasn't my pond and my buddy has thrown it back the week before and was kicking himself for it. I tossed it back and it caught it two weeks later. It hangs on his wall now; right where it belongs.
Must be a pretty dumb fish lol. You atta come down and hit the lake with me and taylor some time this spring/summer.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Jesse. I honestly regret mounting it now, I catch quite a few bass bigger than that every year..not trying to be arrogent im just saying. Idk if you remember that 10 pounder I caught a few years back..but I still kick myself for not mounting him. But that just means I gotta catch a bigger one now!

What Ohio boy in his right mind catches a 10# largemouth and doesn't get it mounted?!?!? lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Don't know that I could ever keep a bass that big to have mounted. In Ohio, that is a true brute. I believe I would take a few pictures and measurements, then have a replica done.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't know that I could ever keep a bass that big to have mounted. In Ohio, that is a true brute. I believe I would take a few pictures and measurements, then have a replica done.

You're right, man. I would rather have a replica made than keep the actual fish. Either way, I'd have SOMETHING to hang on the wall!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
What Ohio boy in his right mind catches a 10# largemouth and doesn't get it mounted?!?!? lol
Key words: "In his right mind" lol. I regret it to this day..but it's whatever, I have the memory and some pictures. I got measurements..hmm might have to get myself a lil graduation gift haha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Moundhill- that wall is nothing at all to be ashamed of. Geez oh pete son, you are half my age. Give yourself another 18yrs and you are going to have one pissed off wife arguing about too many dead things on the wall! Or. . . she will have left you already. Or. . . she enjoys the same thing and you share a set of dentures. lmao

Kaiser878

ohio
Moundhill- that wall is nothing at all to be ashamed of. Geez oh pete son, you are half my age. Give yourself another 18yrs and you are going to have one pissed off wife arguing about too many dead things on the wall! Or. . . she will have left you already. Or. . . she enjoys the same thing and you share a set of dentures. lmao

Or you could be like me and be 28 and none will marry you because you have to many dead things on the wall. haha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Or you could be like me and be 28 and none will marry you because you have to many dead things on the wall. haha

Guess you haven't found the right one yet Zach. Better throw her back like a 2lb bass and bring a 10lb bass home. Get yourself a big girl and she won't complain about anything. Probably a good cook and good. . . ahhh. . . "oral skills" as well. :smiley_crocodile:

My wife is not a big girl, but sure can cook. Still working on the hanging dead animals on the wall thing. Her rule is "One dead animal in the living room at a time". I think I might have to add on, pay every dime of the addition, and tell her to stay the freak out of MY living room unless she is bringing me supper if I ever want to have a "trophy room". And you know that will go over like a fart in church. God love her.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Guess you haven't found the right one yet Zach. Better throw her back like a 2lb bass and bring a 10lb bass home. Get yourself a big girl and she won't complain about anything. Probably a good cook and good. . . ahhh. . . "oral skills" as well. :smiley_crocodile:

My wife is not a big girl, but sure can cook. Still working on the hanging dead animals on the wall thing. Her rule is "One dead animal in the living room at a time". I think I might have to add on, pay every dime of the addition, and tell her to stay the freak out of MY living room unless she is bringing me supper if I ever want to have a "trophy room". And you know that will go over like a fart in church. God love her.

I find this hard to beleive..lol

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I got some ducks, a bear, and a coyote but heres my shoulder mounted deer......

This years kills..... only the 150" 8pt is getting mounted....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice Jake and Rutin!

You will be adding many critters and deer to your walls in your future. Just sit back and enjoy your ride. Rutin, the buck you took with the split g2 has awesome mass.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Outstanding fellas!

Moundhill- Never verified that one. Thought i would screw with Zach a bit though. :smiley_crocodile: