Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Some YouTube videos of the deer behind the house.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

Buckmaster

Portage
Fred,
What triggers their response to come in? The sound of your 4 wheeler?

Way to go by placing the corn in separate piles. Coonie would be proud of you.

FredT

SE Ohio
Way to go by placing the corn in separate piles. Coonie would be proud of you.

The seperate piles are so they don't fight. I see quite a bit of drama out there at times. There is one button buck that is usually there that just can't leave anyone be.

I don't think Coonie would be proud of anything that goes on back there.

I wish I could photo shop him in some of my pics and post them on OS!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thats just cool, Fred! I have never seen deer come to be fed like your's with one exception. Years ago, the OBA held the banquet over at the Salt Fork Lodge. Deer came up behind the lodge to be fed. It was awesome. There were people on every balcony feeding them all sort of garbage...potato chips, marshmallows, whatever was handy. Aren't you pretty close to the SF? Any chance you've tapped into the "scavenger herd"?

FredT

SE Ohio
Thats just cool, Fred! I have never seen deer come to be fed like your's with one exception. Years ago, the OBA held the banquet over at the Salt Fork Lodge. Deer came up behind the lodge to be fed. It was awesome. There were people on every balcony feeding them all sort of garbage...potato chips, marshmallows, whatever was handy. Aren't you pretty close to the SF? Any chance you've tapped into the "scavenger herd"?

Those deer are still at the lodge. I started my own herd of beggers and urchins.

These only get corn, pumpkins and apple grindings (pomace) from the cider mill.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I would love to be able to get a few coming around, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen. Gotta be fun to hang out with them without having to gut them.:)

Duck Commander

I would love to be able to get a few coming around, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen. Gotta be fun to hang out with them without having to gut them.:)

I second that! It would definitely be a different experience than what I'm accustomed to when it comes to deer.