Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Help me drag my uhhhhh deer...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
• In October, state Wildlife Officer Wes Feldner was working a spotlighting complaint area in Monroe County. At approximately 9:50 p.m., Feldner noticed a beam of light in the field he was watching. He noted that he could not hear a vehicle, but could see the beam of light scanning the field, looking for deer. A few seconds after seeing the beam of light, Feldner could hear the sound of a horse and buggy headed his way. Feldner watched the individuals in the buggy shine a spotlight in several fields along the road. The buggy stopped three times in the middle of the road, while the individuals in the buggy looked at several deer that were feeding in the fields. Feldner was able to make contact with the buggy. There were three Amish individuals riding in the buggy. Feldner looked in the buggy and found a Coleman spotlight attached to a car battery. He issued all three individuals a citation for jacklighting from a vehicle. All three individuals paid their fine and court cost totaling $351.

Someone needs to add more chlorine to the gene pool, please. :smiley_depressive:

It's people like this, in these Cuffs and Colars that make it bad for the rest of us... and the main reason why the GWs have a job. I suppose running into enough of these idiots could account for the generally piss poor attitude of the GWs, when I've ran into them. :smiley_arrogant:

Bowhunter57

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Funny stuff.
Every time I've been checked in the field it seems as though the WO is amazed to find me legal. Now I know why.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
• In October, state Wildlife Officer Wes Feldner was working a spotlighting complaint area in Monroe County. At approximately 9:50 p.m., Feldner noticed a beam of light in the field he was watching. He noted that he could not hear a vehicle, but could see the beam of light scanning the field, looking for deer. A few seconds after seeing the beam of light, Feldner could hear the sound of a horse and buggy headed his way. Feldner watched the individuals in the buggy shine a spotlight in several fields along the road. The buggy stopped three times in the middle of the road, while the individuals in the buggy looked at several deer that were feeding in the fields. Feldner was able to make contact with the buggy. There were three Amish individuals riding in the buggy. Feldner looked in the buggy and found a Coleman spotlight attached to a car battery. He issued all three individuals a citation for jacklighting from a vehicle. All three individuals paid their fine and court cost totaling $351.

The Candle Kept Blowing Out!