Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Killed another deer

matt hougan

Dayton area
After stopping to my buddies shop last night to fix my salter I slammed into a stupid doe. Dumb thing was standing in the middle of the road. At 55mph I had no way to avoid her. I kept it straight, as I slammed on the brakes. Luckily my Snow Dogg MD 75 Snow Plow scooped her of her feet preventing any damage to my truck. Only got a little hair stuck on the plow.....Got lucky.

Local PD came but didnt have a road kill tag so I left it lay there. It was pretty late and I had some salting to do...

Snow Dogg 1, Stupid doe 0

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hit my first deer in 13 years of driving last week. Hit her in the F-150 going 30 and it didn't do any damage, but she was stone dead!!! If I had a better place to pull over I'd have stripped her backstraps. Still regretting that one...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
NOOOOOOOO> You guys are gonna make the DVA numbers go up and the DOW will think we have too many deerz... We need a cover up.. Did yall sprinkle some acorns on the road?

I aint hit one this year..We was averaging 1 a year between the wife an I...Last year I hit one going 60mph in a GMC jimmy,it wasnt pretty for either of us...I didnt even see the doe,it was first light and all of sudden WHAM!..The hood flies up an smacks the fugg out of the windshield..I didnt know what the heck happened at first..

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I hit my first deer with the Jeep a few months ago. Poor little fawn didnt have a chance. The only damage it did was bent my fender out and cracked some plastic. She woulda been good eatin..

Duck Commander

I have thankfully never hit a deer. However, I know quite a few that have and the consensus seems to be this:
Big truck, No problem.
Car or SUV, I hope you have more than liability.