Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heart of the Outdoors needs some help

matt hougan

Dayton area
Hey Guys,

March 31 is Heart of the Outdoors wild Game Dinner (more info to come soon). We need some pheasants for the dinner. This Saturday, depending on how many are interested, we are considering a hunt at a pheasant club near Wilmington. The cost would be somewhere around $100 (I'm waiting to hear back from a club and should have better idea on pricing later today). I know that at one of the clubs they will do a father son/daughter combo with 6 birds for $155.

This would be a lot of fun and obviously you'd be doing our ministry, Heart of the Outdoors, a great service by donating some of your birds for our wild game dinner. Do to this weekends forecast, which looks great, they expect to fill up quickly. So, if at all possible please let me know asap if your interested. We could do it 8:30 am or 1pm. Also, to eliminate guide fees, we need some good bird dogs. If you know of anyone that would be interested in hunting or running their dogs please let them know.

Let me know!

Thanks

Ben Steiger
President, Heart of the Outdoors
(513) 652-3546
ben@heartoftheoutdoors.org

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Wish I could make it down this weekend Matt, I'm trying to talk my wife into going pheasant hunting for her birthday. So far I'm not winning that conversation. Best of luck with the event, sounds like it will be a great time.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Ben is on fire with all manner of events. We are also planning on a coyote tournament next January/February. We thought about doing a shed hunting challange, but there is no way to keep people from cheating. I wanted to do a wild mushroom contest but to schedule that a year in advance is a nightmare trying to figure what date to pick and hope mother nature cooperates.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Hey guys,

Buckeye pheasants has a farm near Wilmington Arrowhead pheasant club. I talked with one of the owners yesterday and he said that due to the low number of birds this year they have basically shut down the club for the season. After telling him about Heart of the Outdoors and the game dinner he decided that he'd let us have the fields to ourselves and that he'd be able to sell us 20 pheasants and as many chukar's as we wanted.

We will meet at the fields (161 W Champlin Rd. Wilmington, OH 45177) at 9am

The price for each person to hunt is $10
each pheasant is $18
each chukar is $14

So, you can hunt 2 pheasants for $46 (or however many you want to buy) and add on as many chukars as you want for $14 a bird.

Right now I have 12 pheasants spoken for. That leaves 8 birds

We have some good dogs lined up also

If you want in let me know, First come first serve!

Thanks

Ben Steiger
President, Heart of the Outdoors
(513) 652-3546
ben@heartoftheoutdoors.org