Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wisconsin: What are they doing?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow, so much for buying nice timber land and select cutting it to help payoff the property. I hadn't realized the prices dropping like that.

Hmmm. . . guess I won't bother getting a quote for timbering any of the property I just bought. My goal is to pay it off in 5yrs. Don't think the timber is going to help with that any. Anyone know how to grow weed? :smiley_crocodile:

epe

Lancaster
Hmmm. . . guess I won't bother getting a quote for timbering any of the property I just bought. My goal is to pay it off in 5yrs. Don't think the timber is going to help with that any. Anyone know how to grow weed? :smiley_crocodile:

Go talk to some of the locals in Perry county..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had a sale on 8 acres this past tuesday. There were 7 bidders. The Timber brought $22,555.

Beautiful! That is about what I have. On the flip side, I bet the timber on your 8 acre parcel was better than mine. I am also going to be logging out my own property if I should ever do it. I have all the equipment to be able to harvest and haul it I would need.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Hicks..

That's not the norm. Incredible timber. The average diameter throughtout the stand was 24 inches.

Had a sale 2 weeks ago on 160 acres and it went for $143,000. Very light harvest too.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hicks..

That's not the norm. Incredible timber. The average diameter throughtout the stand was 24 inches.

Had a sale 2 weeks ago on 160 acres and it went for $143,000. Very light harvest too.

That's a heck of a stand... 24" average!

Phil, IMO it's not worth harvesting timber right now unless you absolutely have to. Let it grow dude.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's a heck of a stand... 24" average!

Phil, IMO it's not worth harvesting timber right now unless you absolutely have to. Let it grow dude.

Agreed. No need to do so. My first priority on the property is ridding it of trespassers, building a shooting range, and planting my nursery stock. . . in no particular order. Just first year goals. Sorry for the side track.

Back to WI. Anyone figure out anything about the counties they decimated the herd in?