Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Absolutely FREAKIN done with climbers!!!!!

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
omo,
The first trip in will be the tough one...after that..you will only need your bow.

There's a couple ways to look at it...You could tough it out and carry the 35lbs of gear or you could lose 20 lbs of body weight. Years ago i chose to lose the body weight and carry the heavy gear in.

We all could shed a few pounds...this might be a good excuse to do it. :)

omo,
The first trip in will be the tough one...after that..you will only need your bow.

There's a couple ways to look at it...You could tough it out and carry the 35lbs of gear or you could lose 20 lbs of body weight. Years ago i chose to lose the body weight and carry the heavy gear in.

We all could shed a few pounds...this might be a good excuse to do it. :)

I agree I could stand to lose 20lb well more like 50 lb..But the whole weight an portable thing is because I dont leave any gear in the woods on these places..Other then a cheap used cam or two,I pack everything in an out every-time..

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Yeah..thats gonna be a problem if you have to pack this stuff in and out all the time.

How about those steps that are in sections? Ive seen on the public that i hunt where folks will leave their stand in the tree and one or two sections of the steps.. They always take out the last section of steps so theives cant take their stand. i forget what those steps are called but they come in 3 or 4 sections. They are not continuously attached to each other..more like 3 foot sections held on to the tree by straps.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree I could stand to lose 20lb well more like 50 lb..But the whole weight an portable thing is because I dont leave any gear in the woods on these places..Other then a cheap used cam or two,I pack everything in an out every-time..

I wasn't going to say anything. lol

Talk about being a sally. Big ol' boy like you shouldn't even notice another 10-20-30lbs. I guarantee you some of the stuff I carry in for an all day hunt is probably 40-50lbs. Feels like it anyway. Millenium stand with 5-6 climbing sticks, bow bat loaded with extra layers of clothes, lunch, thermos, bow, etc. I have no doubt it is at least 40lbs when I am going in for an all day sit during the rut. Most of these walks are 1/3-1/2 mile walks. I have a couple killer funnels I will sit all day during the rut and they are well off the road. If my skinny butt can do it, then I am sure you can. It isn't like an 80lb rucksack on a 15-20mile road march in the middle of the night. I have done that crap too. Glad I was younger then. lmao

Yeah..thats gonna be a problem if you have to pack this stuff in and out all the time.

How about those steps that are in sections? Ive seen on the public that i hunt where folks will leave their stand in the tree and one or two sections of the steps.. They always take out the last section of steps so theives cant take their stand. i forget what those steps are called but they come in 3 or 4 sections. They are not continuously attached to each other..more like 3 foot sections held on to the tree by straps.
The sticks im looking at are similar..An very popular with the fellas on here 32in stick is 2.5lbs..
I wasn't going to say anything. lol

Talk about being a sally. Big ol' boy like you shouldn't even notice another 10-20-30lbs. I guarantee you some of the stuff I carry in for an all day hunt is probably 40-50lbs. Feels like it anyway. Millenium stand with 5-6 climbing sticks, bow bat loaded with extra layers of clothes, lunch, thermos, bow, etc. I have no doubt it is at least 40lbs when I am going in for an all day sit during the rut. Most of these walks are 1/3-1/2 mile walks. I have a couple killer funnels I will sit all day during the rut and they are well off the road. If my skinny butt can do it, then I am sure you can. It isn't like an 80lb rucksack on a 15-20mile road march in the middle of the night. I have done that crap too. Glad I was younger then. lmao
I packed 42lb in 1/2 mile 1 way yesterday...That is about the max I would like to carry..23.8lb climber with the footrest an molle II stuff on it,an the rest was like you said,clothes,food,saw,pruners etc etc..Even with the molle straps an waist belt I got some knotted up shoulders today..Jumpin a small creek with that on my back an bow in hand almost ended up REAL BAD..

I am wanting a set up that will allow to get in as Jesse said it a few months ago"the right spot'' and not be looking for trees for a climber an end up 10 or 20yrds out of the action..Keep the same total weight as now is fine an is my plan ..I think but I added it all up an it look like the climber may have to be sold

Lw Alpha 219$ shipped 14lb
4 long LW stick 175$shipped 10LB
Lw footrest 30 or 40$
LW stick caddy 10$
LW Hunt comfort custom seat 65$

Thats about 500$ which is what it is I guess....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lw footrest 30 or 40$
LW stick caddy 10$

[/B]

You should've jumped on those discounted LW sticks when I did. $220 TMD got me six sticks. I got my millennium for $220 TMD from a guy on AT.com, and it's also 14# (without the footrest). Does the LW Alpha have platform leveling capabilities? That would be one of the only reasons I'd consider buying it instead of the millennium.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
You should've jumped on those discounted LW sticks when I did. $220 TMD got me six sticks. I got my millennium for $220 TMD from a guy on AT.com, and it's also 14# (without the footrest). Does the LW Alpha have platform leveling capabilities? That would be one of the only reasons I'd consider buying it instead of the millennium.

Yes it does JB.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I know I may get reamed for this..But can you shoot sitting down with the Millennium seat?It would seem more restrictive then the Alpha..I have sat in both,but I aint sure that is enough experience to answer my question..

You can, but it is more restrictive than the LW. I spend more time standing than sitting, so that is of little concern to me. I've never shot a deer sitting down except with a gun...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
The sticks im looking at are similar..An very popular with the fellas on here 32in stick is 2.5lbs..

I packed 42lb in 1/2 mile 1 way yesterday...That is about the max I would like to carry..23.8lb climber with the footrest an molle II stuff on it,an the rest was like you said,clothes,food,saw,pruners etc etc..Even with the molle straps an waist belt I got some knotted up shoulders today..Jumpin a small creek with that on my back an bow in hand almost ended up REAL BAD..

I am wanting a set up that will allow to get in as Jesse said it a few months ago"the right spot'' and not be looking for trees for a climber an end up 10 or 20yrds out of the action..Keep the same total weight as now is fine an is my plan ..I think but I added it all up an it look like the climber may have to be sold

Lw footrest 30 or 40$
LW stick caddy 10$

here is how i look at this situation....do i want to hunt or bitch? sometimes ya gotta pay to play with some stuff...your welcome to try mine out to see what works for you before you buy anything.

edit ...found a used alpha for 175 shipped

Last edited:
here is how i look at this situation....do i want to hunt or bitch? sometimes ya gotta pay to play with some stuff...your welcome to try mine out to see what works for you before you buy anything.

edit ...found a used alpha for 175 shipped

Talked to a guy I grew up with an he use's nothing but a LW climber an has a new in box 09 LW stand an 3 sticks he will sell me for 250$, he thinks its the alpha.He has no use for them an but isnt pressed to sell them ASAP.Honestly for that price I will take either LW model stand.I will keep you in mind milo if he has is a assault i might buy the alpha your talking about an have both..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I have 2 alphas and 9 sticks so your welcome to try them out and see what works for you and where you hunt.