Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Open house meet-greet

bluedog

I encourage everyone to attend the open house. I've gone at least 4 or 5 times over the years, maybe more. Mostly for the cookies and pop. :smiley_bril: I find it really interesting to read about other hunters concerns and interact with them. A few years back a group of coonhunters from Ashtabula County got together and wrote letters about how disadvantaged they are up here with coon season not starting until mid November. In high snow years, it makes hunting really tough starting early in the season. (PA comes in in late October I think? Not up on my coon season dates, but it is earlier than us). I would have never known that if I hadn't read all those letters at the open house. Of course I will be spouting off about about how spirng turkey season starts WAY too early especially for us folks up north. Ahhhh, my yearly chance to voice my opinion to the DOW. LOL! And unfortunately for those of you who are seeing a decline in your local deer herd, I am one of those hunters who feels that on my farm there has not been any real decline in the deer herd. (And if the neighbor across the road ever picks his corn maybe I'll be able to actually do an evening field deer count.) So maybe you'll want to come by and shoot out the tires on my car. I'm just kidding. Please don't shoot out my tires. LOL! :smiley_coolpeace:

Really though, it is a fun way to spend an hour or two chatting with everyone and good way to get your concerns heard.

Signed, bluedog the social butterfly

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I plan on attending Brock. I just cannot commit fully because this time of the year my life is dictated by the weather. Plus, my anniversary is the 4th and we usually try to get out of town on our anniversary. Have to see if momma is working that weekend or not I guess.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
He might not be getting the complaints in mass #'s, but this cowboy has been e-mailing Tonk for two years now about the ridiculous bag limits in SE Ohio.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I TOO am in...anyone else in NE OH?

Let me know Ryan. Maybe we can head down together. My potential problem is that my wife and youngest son share a birthday on March 2nd, so I'm expecting there to be a birthday party sometime that weekend. I'll check with the winfe tonight.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Let me know Ryan. Maybe we can head down together. My potential problem is that my wife and youngest son share a birthday on March 2nd, so I'm expecting there to be a birthday party sometime that weekend. I'll check with the winfe tonight.

BTW.. Did you know your picture was in the 2008-2009 season Summary results put out by the dnr?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Id come but i fear 1/2 you guys in this joint might gang rush me.

You don't have a very high oppinion of yourself Mountaineer..... We ALL would gang rush you and whip your ass!!!!! rotflmao J/K man.....

Gotta make a little humor now and then :smiley_clap:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You are more than welcome to come Mountaineer. Nobody is going to gang rush you anyway. We know those backwoods, inbred, WV boys never bath or anything and don't want to ride home smelling like 3 week old BO. lmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd say it'll largely depends on if your internet arrogance is as prevalent in person as it is here. I'm still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I won't hold my breath...